Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop 2.0a PS2/USB

Tags:
  • Playstation
  • Wireless Optical Desktop
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
September 20, 2004 2:06:28 PM

Hi

We have just recently upgraded all our machines in our
office (30 in Total). They are all Windows XP Pro and in
a networked environment.

As part of our new computer package, we had the choice of
getting Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop 2.0a PS2/USB.
We have installed Intellipoint 5.0 on all the machines
with wireless keyboards and mice.

The problem we have is that when people in the office use
their mice.. other people's pointers move on their
screens. We have tried to change the channel /
frequencies on the devices however this does not seem to
make a difference and the interference continues.

How many different channels / frequencies are there with
this particular device? Is there a fix to my problem? I
have checked many of the microsoft bulletins in the
knowledge base but cannot seem to find a way to have all
devices working seperately and not interferring with
eachother.

I would be grateful for any help and advice..

Regards
Ameet

More about : microsoft wireless optical desktop ps2 usb

Anonymous
September 20, 2004 4:21:41 PM

You should contact your computer vender and ask them
to take back the wireless keyboards and mice and replace
them with USB versions. Apparently, someone did not
mention the fact the PCs would be in very close proximity
to one another.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Ameet Patel" wrote:

| Hi
|
| We have just recently upgraded all our machines in our
| office (30 in Total). They are all Windows XP Pro and in
| a networked environment.
|
| As part of our new computer package, we had the choice of
| getting Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop 2.0a PS2/USB.
| We have installed Intellipoint 5.0 on all the machines
| with wireless keyboards and mice.
|
| The problem we have is that when people in the office use
| their mice.. other people's pointers move on their
| screens. We have tried to change the channel /
| frequencies on the devices however this does not seem to
| make a difference and the interference continues.
|
| How many different channels / frequencies are there with
| this particular device? Is there a fix to my problem? I
| have checked many of the microsoft bulletins in the
| knowledge base but cannot seem to find a way to have all
| devices working seperately and not interferring with
| eachother.
|
| I would be grateful for any help and advice..
|
| Regards
| Ameet
Anonymous
September 22, 2004 7:40:21 PM

If you require wireless, you will need to look into BlueTooth instead.
This allows for a ton of devices within a close range of one another.
RF Wireless only has about 6 channels that they operate on and can
intefere with one another very easily.

----
Nathan McNulty

!