Service Pack2

I've installed SP2 but cannot find the Bluetooth icon in
control panel. When trying to run the program it does not
follow course.

Do i need to reinstall SP2. Can you help?

Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about service pack2

    Check the device manager to see if any problems. Since
    Bluetooth is a network connection, check and authorize
    Bluetooth connections with the firewall. Open Control
    Panel.security center.

    "Keith" <keithhepburn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    | I've installed SP2 but cannot find the Bluetooth icon in
    | control panel. When trying to run the program it does not
    | follow course.
    |
    | Do i need to reinstall SP2. Can you help?
    |
    | Thanks

    Thanks so far. every little idea helps.

    The device is just not installed on SP2. I tried running
    the program after looking on windows pages but nothing.

    Ive only just tried working the bluetooth program so not
    seen it before.

    thanks

    Are you trying to use a previously installed bluetooth
    application/driver? After I installed SP2 the software and drivers
    that came with my belkin USB bluetooth adapter were broken by SP2
    because the Microsoft ones replaced them (and don't offer the same
    functionality) I had lots of trouble getting it all to work again.

    If you are intending or trying to use the drivers and tools that come
    in SP2 then be sure your adapter is supported by them as some are not.

    Unplug the BT Reciever, reboot, install the latest chipset (motherboard
    drivers), reboot, plug the device in, and Windows should detect it.
    Then it will either install it with Windows' drivers or ask for drivers
    from you. Then the icon should appear in your Control Panel (may
    require yet another reboot).

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    keith wrote:
    > Thanks so far. every little idea helps.
    >
    > The device is just not installed on SP2. I tried running
    > the program after looking on windows pages but nothing.
    >
    > Ive only just tried working the bluetooth program so not
    > seen it before.
    >
    > thanks

Control Panel Microsoft Windows XP