Device manager shows Mutliple proccessors but I only have ..

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

My system says it is running two processors where I only
have one.

Here are my system stats:

Pentium 4 3.2E GHz, 800MHz Bus, 1MB L2 cache PGA-478.
Asus P4C800-E Deluxe Motherboard
2GB Corsair DDR 400 Ram
300GB SCSI HDD
SoundBlaster ZS Gamer Soundcard
BFG GeForce 6800 Ultra Video Card

Windows XP Professional SP 2

I have all current drivers, bios and chipset updates.

I am attempting to track down the cause of an
intermittent lock up while playing some video games. I
noticed that my system thinks it has two processors where
it actually has one. Is this normal with the Prescott? Or
could this be contributing to my lock up situation?

John, don't worry about it. It's normal with your system. Try backing off
your Ram settings in the Bios.
"John" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My system says it is running two processors where I only
> have one.
>
> Here are my system stats:
>
> Pentium 4 3.2E GHz, 800MHz Bus, 1MB L2 cache PGA-478.
> Asus P4C800-E Deluxe Motherboard
> 2GB Corsair DDR 400 Ram
> 300GB SCSI HDD
> SoundBlaster ZS Gamer Soundcard
> BFG GeForce 6800 Ultra Video Card
>
> Windows XP Professional SP 2
>
> I have all current drivers, bios and chipset updates.
>
> I am attempting to track down the cause of an
> intermittent lock up while playing some video games. I
> noticed that my system thinks it has two processors where
> it actually has one. Is this normal with the Prescott? Or
> could this be contributing to my lock up situation?

Hello,

You appear to have two processors because you have an Hyper-Threading
Processor, as for the Prescott processors there are problems identified when
using XP SP2..