Lexmark Z11 printer prints partial pages

Hooked up Lexmark Z11 printer to 3-yr old PC with Win XP. Via
parallel cable.
Printer mostly prints partial pages. Sometimes just two lines. At
other times several lines. And sometimes it prints the entire page.
But does not consistently EVER print full pages.

Tried two parallel printer cables.
Tried three drivers - windows driver and two downloaded from Lexmark.
Tried various combinations of print processors and data types.

Sent message to Lexmark. No reply yet. Searched Lexmark knowledge
base. One item seemed appropriate but did not solve the problem.

A Canon printer works fine on the parallel port with either cable.
Suggestions?

Feel free to contact me directly at: Bobalston9 AT aol DOT
com

Bob
6 answers Last reply
More about lexmark printer prints partial pages

    On 3 Jun 2004 20:29:15 -0700, bobalston9@aol.com (Bob Alston) wrote:

    >Hooked up Lexmark Z11 printer to 3-yr old PC with Win XP. Via
    >parallel cable.
    >Printer mostly prints partial pages. Sometimes just two lines. At
    >other times several lines. And sometimes it prints the entire page.
    >But does not consistently EVER print full pages.
    >
    >Tried two parallel printer cables.
    >Tried three drivers - windows driver and two downloaded from Lexmark.
    >Tried various combinations of print processors and data types.
    >
    >Sent message to Lexmark. No reply yet. Searched Lexmark knowledge
    >base. One item seemed appropriate but did not solve the problem.
    >
    >A Canon printer works fine on the parallel port with either cable.
    >Suggestions?
    >
    >Feel free to contact me directly at: Bobalston9 AT aol DOT
    >com
    >
    >Bob

    Sounds like the cartridge is full of air or overfilled where it will
    not flow consistanly. I owned a z11 for a long long time and have seen
    that problem many times. It would disappear instantly by removing some
    ink due to overfilling.

    If that is not the case then you have other cartridge issues. A new
    cartridge would solve the problem.

    So when the printer physically stops printing, you are telling me that
    is caused by a problem with the cartridge???

    Bob

    On 5 Jun 2004 08:57:11 -0700, bobalston9@aol.com (Bob Alston) wrote:

    >So when the printer physically stops printing, you are telling me that
    >is caused by a problem with the cartridge???
    >
    >Bob

    with the z11, yes... more times than not, its cartridge related.
    Ive had lots of experience with them. Those cartridges dry up fast and
    require regular, almost daily use or you constantly get cloggs and air
    locks.

    overfilling causes the same symptoms. kinda like holding your finger
    over the top of a straw... ink wont flow.

    On 5 Jun 2004 08:57:11 -0700, bobalston9@aol.com (Bob Alston) wrote:

    >So when the printer physically stops printing, you are telling me that
    >is caused by a problem with the cartridge???
    >
    >Bob

    Ok, just to make sure we are on the same page..... when you say
    "physically stops printing"

    do you mean there is no more ink being put down on paper or do you
    mean the ink carrier stops moving back and forth and the unilt stops
    as if the power was unplugged?

    My answer assumed that the unit acted like it was printing but no ink
    was being put down on paper.

    YES, the problem is "the ink carrier stops moving back and forth and

    On 7 Jun 2004 09:19:33 -0700, bobalston9@aol.com (Bob Alston) wrote:

    >YES, the problem is "the ink carrier stops moving back and forth and
    >the unilt stops as if the power was unplugged"
    >
    >Bob

    thow it away then

Printers Lexmark Cable Peripherals