keyboard keys problem

why can't I press more than 3 keys on the keyboard at the
same time? If I press 4 the motherboard beeps, I ask this
because in some games that I play im requiered to press 4
keys or more at the same time to do some actions. Is
there any way to fix this?

thank you
3 answers Last reply
More about keyboard keys problem

    I have difficulty believing a game programmer would configure such a
    setup for a Windows based keyboard. Would you be so kind as to provide
    the game name?

    Josue wrote:

    > why can't I press more than 3 keys on the keyboard at the
    > same time? If I press 4 the motherboard beeps, I ask this
    > because in some games that I play im requiered to press 4
    > keys or more at the same time to do some actions. Is
    > there any way to fix this?
    >
    > thank you

    Actually, this is the case with all of the games I have ever played (to
    the best of my knowledge). I am not sure if this is by design of
    DirectX, the programming, hardware limitations or what, but this is how
    it is on my games at least.

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    Bob I wrote:
    > I have difficulty believing a game programmer would configure such a
    > setup for a Windows based keyboard. Would you be so kind as to provide
    > the game name?
    >
    > Josue wrote:
    >
    >> why can't I press more than 3 keys on the keyboard at the same time?
    >> If I press 4 the motherboard beeps, I ask this because in some games
    >> that I play im requiered to press 4 keys or more at the same time to
    >> do some actions. Is there any way to fix this?
    >> thank you

    To my knowledge there are NO scancodes the keyboard can produce using
    more than 3 simultaneous keys, therefore the programmer would not have
    useful input if the game instructions said to press 4 keys at the same
    time. I suspect the instructions are to press a SEQUENCE of keys, which
    would of course work.

    Nathan McNulty wrote:

    > Actually, this is the case with all of the games I have ever played (to
    > the best of my knowledge). I am not sure if this is by design of
    > DirectX, the programming, hardware limitations or what, but this is how
    > it is on my games at least.
    >
    > ----
    > Nathan McNulty
    >

    > Bob I wrote:
    >
    >> I have difficulty believing a game programmer would configure such a
    >> setup for a Windows based keyboard. Would you be so kind as to provide
    >> the game name?
    >>
    >> Josue wrote:
    >>
    >>> why can't I press more than 3 keys on the keyboard at the same time?
    >>> If I press 4 the motherboard beeps, I ask this because in some games
    >>> that I play im requiered to press 4 keys or more at the same time to
    >>> do some actions. Is there any way to fix this?
    >>> thank you

Hardware Microsoft Keyboards Windows XP