Socket 939 boards with video built in ?

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
September 12, 2005 10:32:49 PM

Do any socket 939 boards have video built in? I don't see it in the specs.
September 13, 2005 12:38:22 AM

In article <P_pVe.31093$ih4.21547@fe02.lga>, none@charter.net says...
> Do any socket 939 boards have video built in? I don't see it in the specs.

A look on Newegg turned up three.

Bill
September 13, 2005 12:50:41 AM

I searched "asus 939" on newegg and do not see the word "video" in any of
the descriptions nor do I see a video port in the pictures. What criteria
are you using in the search?

My preference is an ASUS board.

"Bill" <spamtrap@tinlc.lumbercartel.com> wrote in message
> In article <P_pVe.31093$ih4.21547@fe02.lga>, none@charter.net says...
>> Do any socket 939 boards have video built in? I don't see it in the
>> specs.
>>

> A look on Newegg turned up three.
>
> Bill
Related resources
September 13, 2005 4:32:34 AM

Asus shows none...MSI has 1,
September 13, 2005 9:23:16 AM

In article <o0sVe.2715$6Z3.464@fe06.lga>, "Joe" <none@charter.net> wrote:

> I searched "asus 939" on newegg and do not see the word "video" in any of
> the descriptions nor do I see a video port in the pictures. What criteria
> are you using in the search?
>
> My preference is an ASUS board.
>

> "Bill" <spamtrap@tinlc.lumbercartel.com> wrote in message
> > In article <P_pVe.31093$ih4.21547@fe02.lga>, none@charter.net says...
> >> Do any socket 939 boards have video built in? I don't see it in the
> >> specs.
> >>

> > A look on Newegg turned up three.
> >
> > Bill

There is a chipset called ATI RS480, that is supposed to work
for S939 motherboards. Use a search engine and see what companies
made motherboards with that chipset.

Personally, I would sooner buy a "mainstream" motherboard, and a
cheap PCI-Express video card, than be stuck with a chipset that
is so uncommon. How much help are you going to be able to get
from the user community, if you buy an obscure motherboard ?
Say you want to run Linux for example...

Some motherboard brands have virtually no useful tech support, so
the user community is all you have to fall back on (other than
throwing the motherboard into the landfill). If a lot of people
aren't using the motherboard you plan on buying, you shouldn't
use it either.

Paul
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 14, 2005 8:37:32 PM

"Joe" <none@charter.net> wrote in message
news:p _pVe.31093$ih4.21547@fe02.lga...
> Do any socket 939 boards have video built in? I don't see it in the specs.

Onboard video is a very lousy solution for a motherboard

Why do you want it?

!