XP and "Unknown Hardware" window.

I just installed an AMD 64 CPU and an ASUS MoBo. XP is now
giving me this notice that it found a new piece of
hardware. However, it is an "Unknown Device".

How do I find drivers for this item?

Thanx to anyone who helps out.
3 answers Last reply
More about unknown hardware window

    It would be advisable to at least indicate what the unknown device "could"
    be...what other hardware do you have installed in the computer? Did you
    install the software from the CD that came with the motherboard?

    Bobby

    "Gorilla Monsoon" <iliveupstairs@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    >I just installed an AMD 64 CPU and an ASUS MoBo. XP is now
    > giving me this notice that it found a new piece of
    > hardware. However, it is an "Unknown Device".
    >
    > How do I find drivers for this item?
    >
    > Thanx to anyone who helps out.

    Did you just swap mobo/CPU on a working XP installation?
    If so, then you need to do a "Repair Installation"

    --
    Tumppi
    Reply to group

    "NoNoBadDog!" <mypants_bjsledgeATpixi.com> kirjoitti viestissä
    > It would be advisable to at least indicate what the unknown device "could"
    > be...what other hardware do you have installed in the computer? Did you
    > install the software from the CD that came with the motherboard?
    >
    > Bobby
    >
    > "Gorilla Monsoon" <iliveupstairs@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    > >I just installed an AMD 64 CPU and an ASUS MoBo. XP is now
    > > giving me this notice that it found a new piece of
    > > hardware. However, it is an "Unknown Device".
    > >
    > > How do I find drivers for this item?
    > >
    > > Thanx to anyone who helps out.

    Download the Unknown devices software............
    I did and it showed what the Unknown hardware was................

Hardware Windows XP