XP internet connection sharing Q

Squidmaster

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2002
How can I uninstall XP internet connection sharing from my win98se system? I used the disk to install it as instructed, but it's hard to tell what it actually installed. I was able to establish that closing win32.dll also closes the internet gateway, but that seems like a risky thing to delete. Thanks for your input.

sbolinger2

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2002
I assume you were using the winxp machine to connect the win98 machine to the internet using a ehternet connection.

I believe you can simply right click on explorer on your desktop, go to properties, click on the 'connection' tab and then run setup. Once in the setup you should be abled to tell the computer what type of network settings you want to use for connecting to internet and undo anything that the 'xp internet connection sharing' disk did. DO NOT DELETE WIN32.DLL or you won't be abled to run any networking applications, and I'm not sure what else it will do.

:tongue: <font color=blue>My job is to polish</font color=blue> <font color=green>turds</font color=green><font color=blue>, I</font color=blue> <font color=red>love</font color=red> <font color=blue>my job.</font color=blue>