Problems with Norton Ghost after MOBO replacement

Hello

Just replaced my MOBO from a P4PE to a P4P800E Deluxe.
After replacing the MOBO, started windows and it found the new
hardware, looked in the MOBO installation disk and everything is
working fine. Except Ghost 2003.

Even after Ghost Live update to the latest version, Ghost no longer
boots. It starts PC DOS and starts to work but then just freezes and
doesn't do anything anymore. Have already tried re-installing Ghost.

Any ideas??

From: "Sierras" <danick5000@hotmail.com>

| Hello
|
| Just replaced my MOBO from a P4PE to a P4P800E Deluxe.
| After replacing the MOBO, started windows and it found the new
| hardware, looked in the MOBO installation disk and everything is
| working fine. Except Ghost 2003.
|
| Even after Ghost Live update to the latest version, Ghost no longer
| boots. It starts PC DOS and starts to work but then just freezes and
| doesn't do anything anymore. Have already tried re-installing Ghost.
|
| Any ideas??

Are you taking about booting a Ghost Boot Disk ?

Have you tried replacing PCDOS on the boot disk with MSDOS as recommended by Symantec ?

Have you tried updating or replacing the DOS device drivers loaded in CONFIG.SYS ?

Have you tried a selective boot in DOS ?

Are you using Ghost 2003 build 793, the last Ghost build/revision ?

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

OK - I figured it out. I just removed the USB 2 drivers from the
advanced tab and just left the firewire. Worked like a charm after
that.

Strange cause with the other motherboard, I had to leave both USB2 and
Firewire drivers selected or it wouldn't work.

Hope this helps someone with a similar problem..

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 15:02:47 GMT, "David H. Lipman"
<DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:

>From: "Sierras" <danick5000@hotmail.com>
>
>| Hello
>|
>| Just replaced my MOBO from a P4PE to a P4P800E Deluxe.
>| After replacing the MOBO, started windows and it found the new
>| hardware, looked in the MOBO installation disk and everything is
>| working fine. Except Ghost 2003.
>|
>| Even after Ghost Live update to the latest version, Ghost no longer
>| boots. It starts PC DOS and starts to work but then just freezes and
>| doesn't do anything anymore. Have already tried re-installing Ghost.
>|
>| Any ideas??
>
>Are you taking about booting a Ghost Boot Disk ?
>
>Have you tried replacing PCDOS on the boot disk with MSDOS as recommended by Symantec ?
>
>Have you tried updating or replacing the DOS device drivers loaded in CONFIG.SYS ?
>
>Have you tried a selective boot in DOS ?
>
>Are you using Ghost 2003 build 793, the last Ghost build/revision ?

milleron

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 13:43:58 GMT, Sierras <danick5000@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>OK - I figured it out. I just removed the USB 2 drivers from the
>advanced tab and just left the firewire. Worked like a charm after
>that.

Removed USB2 drives from the advanced tab of what?

>Strange cause with the other motherboard, I had to leave both USB2 and
>Firewire drivers selected or it wouldn't work.
>

>Hope this helps someone with a similar problem..
>

>On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 15:02:47 GMT, "David H. Lipman"
><DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:
>
>>From: "Sierras" <danick5000@hotmail.com>
>>
>>| Hello
>>|
>>| Just replaced my MOBO from a P4PE to a P4P800E Deluxe.
>>| After replacing the MOBO, started windows and it found the new
>>| hardware, looked in the MOBO installation disk and everything is
>>| working fine. Except Ghost 2003.
>>|
>>| Even after Ghost Live update to the latest version, Ghost no longer
>>| boots. It starts PC DOS and starts to work but then just freezes and
>>| doesn't do anything anymore. Have already tried re-installing Ghost.
>>|
>>| Any ideas??
>>
>>Are you taking about booting a Ghost Boot Disk ?
>>
>>Have you tried replacing PCDOS on the boot disk with MSDOS as recommended by Symantec ?
>>
>>Have you tried updating or replacing the DOS device drivers loaded in CONFIG.SYS ?
>>
>>Have you tried a selective boot in DOS ?
>>
>>Are you using Ghost 2003 build 793, the last Ghost build/revision ?

Ron

From: "milleron" <millerdot90@SPAMLESSosu.edu>

| Removed USB2 drives from the advanced tab of what?

I would think he went back to the Ghost Boot Disk configuration wizard and unchecked the box
to add USB support.

Then he created a new Ghost Boot Disk.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

>| Removed USB2 drives from the advanced tab of what?
>

>I would think he went back to the Ghost Boot Disk configuration wizard and unchecked the box
>to add USB support.
>
>Then he created a new Ghost Boot Disk.

Yes - that's exactly right. Sorry about that. I should have been
more explicit.