Maxtor SATA 250gb not Detected

I am running XP with SP1 and SP2. I just installed this drive. I followed
303013 as best I could. I ran the bigdriveenabler program from Maxtor. When
I boot, I see the screen that says hit (cntrl F) and I do, but nothing
happens. The system continues to boot. The drive is not recognized at all,
anywhere.

Any suggestions? Please.

"off2cjb" <off2cjb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am running XP with SP1 and SP2. I just installed this drive. I
>followed
> 303013 as best I could. I ran the bigdriveenabler program from
> Maxtor. When
> I boot, I see the screen that says hit (cntrl F) and I do, but
> nothing
> happens. The system continues to boot. The drive is not recognized
> at all,
> anywhere.
>
> Any suggestions? Please.

Is your SATA adapter enabled in BIOS? some need to be enabled and some
are provided by a RAID controller which would also have to be enabled
(even if you are not going to create a RAID set)

I do ont have anything relating to a SATA adapter in BIOS. When booting up,
it says there is no drive attached to the WD SATA controller and that the
BIOS is not installed.

"I like toys and cake" wrote:

> "off2cjb" <off2cjb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am running XP with SP1 and SP2. I just installed this drive. I
> >followed
> > 303013 as best I could. I ran the bigdriveenabler program from
> > Maxtor. When
> > I boot, I see the screen that says hit (cntrl F) and I do, but
> > nothing
> > happens. The system continues to boot. The drive is not recognized
> > at all,
> > anywhere.
> >
> > Any suggestions? Please.
>
> Is your SATA adapter enabled in BIOS? some need to be enabled and some
> are provided by a RAID controller which would also have to be enabled
> (even if you are not going to create a RAID set)

Is there a setting in BIOS for onboard RAID? Is the drive powered and
starting up with the machine? Is the SATA cable securely plugged in?
If none of these apply I don't know what to suggest.

>I do ont have anything relating to a SATA adapter in BIOS. When
>booting up,
> it says there is no drive attached to the WD SATA controller and
> that the
> BIOS is not installed.
>
> "I like toys and cake" wrote:
>

>> "off2cjb" <off2cjb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am running XP with SP1 and SP2. I just installed this drive. I
>> >followed
>> > 303013 as best I could. I ran the bigdriveenabler program from
>> > Maxtor. When
>> > I boot, I see the screen that says hit (cntrl F) and I do, but
>> > nothing
>> > happens. The system continues to boot. The drive is not
>> > recognized
>> > at all,
>> > anywhere.
>> >
>> > Any suggestions? Please.
>>
>> Is your SATA adapter enabled in BIOS? some need to be enabled and
>> some
>> are provided by a RAID controller which would also have to be
>> enabled
>> (even if you are not going to create a RAID set)

No, I do not see any RAID in BIOS. When booting up now, the drive attaches
to the controller but when i hit <ctrl>F to get into the set up, it continues
booting up without letting me in. Nothing inside of windows shows the drive.