Autorun

I have an acer laptop and on that laptop my autorun does
not work.
It reads all discs but it just does not autorun.
I have a dvd/cd-rom on the laptop.
how can i mend this problem?
I've followed the steps on the microsoft website but it
still does not work!!!!
3 answers Last reply
More about autorun

    /Paul/ said:

    > I have an acer laptop and on that laptop my autorun does
    > not work.
    > It reads all discs but it just does not autorun.
    > I have a dvd/cd-rom on the laptop.
    > I've followed the steps on the microsoft website but it
    > still does not work!!!!

    Have you checked the extensive autorun info here?

    For most XP answers and tweaks...
    http://dougknox.com http://aumha.org
    http://support.microsoft.com

    there is only a file named explorer not windows update

    Paul Wrote:
    > I have an acer laptop and on that laptop my autorun does
    > not work.
    > It reads all discs but it just does not autorun.
    > I have a dvd/cd-rom on the laptop.
    > how can i mend this problem?
    > I've followed the steps on the microsoft website but it
    > still does not work!!!!

    There is a little known program called Autofix.exe which can be
    downloaded from the Microsoft site. This is the Microsoft Autoplay
    Repair Wizard which checks all your CD drives and reports and fixes
    autoplay problems. It's only 76 KB and works. I am presuming that you
    have already checked the Auto Insert Notification box.

    Goldwing

    --
    Goldwing

Laptops Microsoft Windows XP