CANNOT PLAY DVDS ON MY LAPTOP

Hi. Can you help!

I have re-installed all software on my laptop as
it 'crashed'. It is a DELL Inspiron 1100.

Everything seemed to be fine the other day when I played
a movie dvd.

Now though I can't play dvds using the Windows Media
Player Version 10. I keep getting the following message:-

A problem occurred while configuring copyright protection

What does this mean and how do I now solve it!

Thanks
Sheron

Two things. First, you should install the WinDVD that probably came
with your computer and then you will have a DVD Decoder. I don't
believe XP can just play a DVD right off the bat. Second, you may need
to set the region for your DVD drive, or the DVD is not from this region.

----
Nathan McNulty

Sheron Donaldso wrote:
> Hi. Can you help!
>
> I have re-installed all software on my laptop as
> it 'crashed'. It is a DELL Inspiron 1100.
>
> Everything seemed to be fine the other day when I played
> a movie dvd.
>
> Now though I can't play dvds using the Windows Media
> Player Version 10. I keep getting the following message:-
>
> A problem occurred while configuring copyright protection
>
> What does this mean and how do I now solve it!
>
> Thanks
> Sheron

Hi

IT WORKED. If you were nearby I would kiss you!!!!

You're fab!

Thanks
Sheron

Thanks ;)