Cd's not recognized

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

When I put a cd in the drive and I go to 'My Comp.' to
look at the contents the name of the cd no longer shows
up. Both drives will show cd's that I put in over a week
ago.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

I've noticed the same problem after installing SP2. I
think MS goobered something. A workaround is to open
Windows Media Player10, then the disk is recognized right
away.

Tried this?
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321641

----
Nathan McNulty

Phil wrote:
> I've noticed the same problem after installing SP2. I
> think MS goobered something. A workaround is to open
> Windows Media Player10, then the disk is recognized right
> away.

Joseph

Distinguished
May 19, 2002

I have a similar error, after installing SP2 for XP. I
found that in Safe mode the drive works and reads. In
normal mode it does not. BUT if you put a non bootable CD
in the drive and boot up the drive works again?

I would welcome any feedback on this issue

us;321641