I backup my files on Windows ME prior to installing XP
home. Now I can't read any of the CDs. Is there a
patch/download I can get to resolve this problem.

If you backed up the files using CDRW media then you may need a UDF
reader.
http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,6944,00.asp

"PJH1000" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I backup my files on Windows ME prior to installing XP
> home. Now I can't read any of the CDs. Is there a
> patch/download I can get to resolve this problem.

The files produced by the OS's native backup are not compatible with the
backup of other OS's. On the other had if you did not use Backup, then
the problem is due to not closing the CD after writing it and you will
need to install the software that you used to write the cd before you
may read it.

PJH1000 wrote:

> I backup my files on Windows ME prior to installing XP
> home. Now I can't read any of the CDs. Is there a
> patch/download I can get to resolve this problem.

try Isobuster

> The files produced by the OS's native backup are not compatible with the
> backup of other OS's. On the other had if you did not use Backup, then
> the problem is due to not closing the CD after writing it and you will
> need to install the software that you used to write the cd before you
> may read it.
>
> PJH1000 wrote:
>
> > I backup my files on Windows ME prior to installing XP
> > home. Now I can't read any of the CDs. Is there a
> > patch/download I can get to resolve this problem.

TRENDING THREADS