hanging & freezing

September 21, 2004 9:36:30 AM

Please help anyone,
I am having alot of problems with messages saying i am low
on memory even though i have only one programme running at
the time this happens which is causing the computer to
freeze up & hang & i also notice a lot of straining noises
from the hard drive as if it's working overtime, i have to
restart everytime to get it working right but it doesn't
last long, device manager says everything is working
properly & maintenance has been done
Thanks in advance

More about : hanging freezing

Anonymous
September 21, 2004 5:54:33 PM

Natalie, how much Ram does your system have? Should be at least 256MB.
Also, rt click on MyComputer>select
Properties>Advanced>Performance-Settings>Advanced>Virtual Memory-Change.
Click on Custom Size and type in
700 in both boxes then choose Set and Ok.

!