DVD-ROM &DVD-RW Drivers Missing.

a b \ Driver
September 21, 2004 11:08:04 AM

Since installing Windows XP SP2 I cannot use my DVD-Rom or
my DVD-RW.I received an error code 39 from the Device
Manager.This indicates that the driver is corrupted or
missing.Microsoft have sent me a patch which has not solved
the problem.Any help appreciated.
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
September 21, 2004 4:13:06 PM

I have the same problem.

"Goetre" wrote:

> Since installing Windows XP SP2 I cannot use my DVD-Rom or
> my DVD-RW.I received an error code 39 from the Device
> Manager.This indicates that the driver is corrupted or
> missing.Microsoft have sent me a patch which has not solved
> the problem.Any help appreciated.

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
September 22, 2004 4:35:48 PM

Hello,

You can try to delete both devices from contro panel-system-hardware-device
manager-DVD/CD-Rom drives, then restart your computer and let windows xp
pick up the devices again.

"Goetre" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Since installing Windows XP SP2 I cannot use my DVD-Rom or
> my DVD-RW.I received an error code 39 from the Device
> Manager.This indicates that the driver is corrupted or
> missing.Microsoft have sent me a patch which has not solved
> the problem.Any help appreciated.
Related resources
September 22, 2004 4:59:01 PM

I have found the problem to be the service paks. Uninstalling them is the
key. The problem with that is when you try to delete the files windows puts
them back again. I'm still waiting for help on that part myself.

"Goetre" wrote:

> Since installing Windows XP SP2 I cannot use my DVD-Rom or
> my DVD-RW.I received an error code 39 from the Device
> Manager.This indicates that the driver is corrupted or
> missing.Microsoft have sent me a patch which has not solved
> the problem.Any help appreciated.

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
September 22, 2004 9:10:23 PM

You can also try these two:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320553
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321641

----
Nathan McNulty

André Cruz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> You can try to delete both devices from contro panel-system-hardware-device
> manager-DVD/CD-Rom drives, then restart your computer and let windows xp
> pick up the devices again.
>
> "Goetre" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
>>Since installing Windows XP SP2 I cannot use my DVD-Rom or
>>my DVD-RW.I received an error code 39 from the Device
>>Manager.This indicates that the driver is corrupted or
>>missing.Microsoft have sent me a patch which has not solved
>>the problem.Any help appreciated.

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
September 22, 2004 9:10:27 PM

That is not really a solution. SP2 may or may not have caused the
problem, but you really should keep SP2. Instead I would try what I
stated in my other post on this thread ;)

----
Nathan McNulty

!