Andy

Hi,
I have added a USB keyboard to my new Siemens pc. After I restarted, the
keyboard will not work when I get to the login prompt. It works fine in the
BIOS. I have tried a ps2 keyboard and this will not work at the login
either. I have seen many posts in this group with the same problem, and no-
one has been able to fix. I have tried a new keyboard, tried different
ports, tried safe mode, tried resetting the BIOS, all to no avail. If
anyone has an answer other than "Try a new keyboard" then please post!
TIA,
Andy

Set the BIOS to ignore keyboard error (missing) during the
boot, and plug the USB keyboard in after booting.

"Andy" <andy@andy.com> wrote in message
| Hi,
| I have added a USB keyboard to my new Siemens pc. After I
restarted, the
| keyboard will not work when I get to the login prompt. It
works fine in the
| BIOS. I have tried a ps2 keyboard and this will not work
at the login
| either. I have seen many posts in this group with the same
problem, and no-
| one has been able to fix. I have tried a new keyboard,
tried different
| ports, tried safe mode, tried resetting the BIOS, all to
no avail. If
| anyone has an answer other than "Try a new keyboard" then
please post!
| TIA,
| Andy

I can feel your frustration! Have a look at some previous
postings, as I know what you are going through. My advice
is simply this! Get your money back! I have been working
on this problem for a month now! I have contacted almost
every form of support available, and I can't get a fix
anywhere. I have been in many news groups non microsoft,
and haven't found anything either. I think there is a
serious bug that needs fixing! I am shocked by the lack
of knowledge with regard to this! So keep an eye on the
date, so you can take it back!

The product I purchased was excellent bar the bug! Until
Microsoft fix it then I will carry on using my old
fashioned PS2 keyboard!