Asus P4B533-E vs 800fsb

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
September 17, 2005 4:22:09 PM

Hello group,
Can somebody tell me if it is possible to run a P4 3.0 with 800 fsb on the
Asus P4B 533-e mobo?
That is because there are no P4 533 processors on the market here anymore,
only 800 versions.
Thanks in advance, Gijs

More about : asus p4b533 800fsb

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 17, 2005 7:26:22 PM

"Jeannette Rietveld" <jeanrie@xs4all.nl> schreef in bericht
> Hello group,
> Can somebody tell me if it is possible to run a P4 3.0 with 800 fsb on the
> Asus P4B 533-e mobo?
> That is because there are no P4 533 processors on the market here anymore,
> only 800 versions.
> Thanks in advance, Gijs
No answers needed anymre, found a 2.8 with 533fsb, so the problem is solved,
Gijs
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 18, 2005 6:47:05 AM

no...but glad to hear you found one!

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 15:26:22 +0200, "Jeannette Rietveld"
<jeanrie@xs4all.nl> wrote:

>"Jeannette Rietveld" <jeanrie@xs4all.nl> schreef in bericht
>> Hello group,
>> Can somebody tell me if it is possible to run a P4 3.0 with 800 fsb on the
>> Asus P4B 533-e mobo?
>> That is because there are no P4 533 processors on the market here anymore,
>> only 800 versions.
>> Thanks in advance, Gijs
>No answers needed anymre, found a 2.8 with 533fsb, so the problem is solved,
>Gijs

ñíñjà¤têç

---END---PGP---SIGNATURE---
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
September 18, 2005 8:14:33 AM

In article <432c197c$0$2603$e4fe514c@dreader21.news.xs4all.nl>, "Jeannette
Rietveld" <jeanrie@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> "Jeannette Rietveld" <jeanrie@xs4all.nl> schreef in bericht
> > Hello group,
> > Can somebody tell me if it is possible to run a P4 3.0 with 800 fsb on the
> > Asus P4B 533-e mobo?
> > That is because there are no P4 533 processors on the market here anymore,
> > only 800 versions.
> > Thanks in advance, Gijs
> No answers needed anymre, found a 2.8 with 533fsb, so the problem is solved,
> Gijs

Yes, an answer is needed.

Start here:
http://support.asus.com.tw/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx?S...

The processors listed on the Asus page, do need some interpretation,
as to which Intel product may be used. You cannot take just any
Intel processor which partially matches the description. There is
a difference between Northwood based processors and Prescott based
processors, for example.

"List for P4B533-E"
http://support.asus.com.tw/cpusupport/cpu_support_right...

Look at this one for example. This is a S478 processor, but it has
a 512KB cache. That size of cache is only on a Northwood 0.13u processor,
a processor which is no longer manufactured. What you will find
currently available on the market, is 2.8GHz, FSB533, with 1MB cache.

P4-2.80 GHz (533 FSB, L2 cache:512KB)   ALL 1008 (= "Northwood")

For example, this one will work (512KB cache, 0.13u technology):
http://processorfinder.intel.com/scripts/details.asp?sS...

and this one will not work (1MB cache, 90nm technology):
http://processorfinder.intel.com/scripts/details.asp?sS...

Those examples were found in this Intel listing:
http://processorfinder.intel.com/scripts/list.asp?ProcF...

Simply return the product to your vendor in an unopened state,
and get your money back. Finding a proper one may be difficult.

This company still carries Northwood processors:

Intel P4 2.8GHz 533MHz 478pin 512K CPU OEM (upper right hand corner $199)
http://www.powerleap.com/Processors.jsp

HTH,
Paul
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 21, 2005 4:14:53 AM

"Paul" <nospam@needed.com> schreef in bericht
> In article <432c197c$0$2603$e4fe514c@dreader21.news.xs4all.nl>, "Jeannette
> Rietveld" <jeanrie@xs4all.nl> wrote:
>
>> "Jeannette Rietveld" <jeanrie@xs4all.nl> schreef in bericht
>> > Hello group,
>> > Can somebody tell me if it is possible to run a P4 3.0 with 800 fsb on
>> > the
>> > Asus P4B 533-e mobo?
>> > That is because there are no P4 533 processors on the market here
>> > anymore,
>> > only 800 versions.
>> > Thanks in advance, Gijs
>> No answers needed anymre, found a 2.8 with 533fsb, so the problem is
>> solved,
>> Gijs
>
> Yes, an answer is needed.
>
> Start here:
> http://support.asus.com.tw/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx?S...
>
> The processors listed on the Asus page, do need some interpretation,
> as to which Intel product may be used. You cannot take just any
> Intel processor which partially matches the description. There is
> a difference between Northwood based processors and Prescott based
> processors, for example.
>
> "List for P4B533-E"
> http://support.asus.com.tw/cpusupport/cpu_support_right...
>
> Look at this one for example. This is a S478 processor, but it has
> a 512KB cache. That size of cache is only on a Northwood 0.13u processor,
> a processor which is no longer manufactured. What you will find
> currently available on the market, is 2.8GHz, FSB533, with 1MB cache.
>
> P4-2.80 GHz (533 FSB, L2 cache:512KB) ALL 1008 (= "Northwood")
>
> For example, this one will work (512KB cache, 0.13u technology):
> http://processorfinder.intel.com/scripts/details.asp?sS...
>
> and this one will not work (1MB cache, 90nm technology):
> http://processorfinder.intel.com/scripts/details.asp?sS...
>
> Those examples were found in this Intel listing:
> http://processorfinder.intel.com/scripts/list.asp?ProcF...
>
> Simply return the product to your vendor in an unopened state,
> and get your money back. Finding a proper one may be difficult.
>
> This company still carries Northwood processors:
>
> Intel P4 2.8GHz 533MHz 478pin 512K CPU OEM (upper right hand corner $199)
> http://www.powerleap.com/Processors.jsp
>
> HTH,
> Paul

Thank you Paul for your very clear explanation about processors and
mainboards.
Luckily the pentium I ordered was out of stock! So now I will go to look for
a total upgrade for my system around a P4 3.0 or 3.2 or maybe even an Athlon
64, because looking for a 533 with 512 cache is hardly economical. Just saw
a 2.4 533 with 512 cache on Ebay but do not want to take the risk as you
know what I mean.
So, a lucky come out for me with the very admired suggestions from you.
With all regards, Gijs
!