I have a Compaq Presario R3000 Notebook computer. I
recently bought a Belkin Combo USB and PS/2 with scroll
wheel mouse that should supposedly work with my USB port.
However, when I installed the software and plugged the
device in, it says that it is an unknown device and does
not have a driver listed. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

~Whitney

Hello

Go to the maker of that product website and look for the most
current drivers for it.

Alvin

wwear wrote:

> I have a Compaq Presario R3000 Notebook computer. I
> recently bought a Belkin Combo USB and PS/2 with scroll
> wheel mouse that should supposedly work with my USB port.
> However, when I installed the software and plugged the
> device in, it says that it is an unknown device and does
> not have a driver listed. Does anyone have any ideas?
>
> Thanks!
>
> ~Whitney

Did you actually install the software first and then plug
the mouse in?

"wwear" <wwear@tulane.edu> wrote in message
| I have a Compaq Presario R3000 Notebook computer. I
| recently bought a Belkin Combo USB and PS/2 with scroll
| wheel mouse that should supposedly work with my USB port.
| However, when I installed the software and plugged the
| device in, it says that it is an unknown device and does
| not have a driver listed. Does anyone have any ideas?
|
| Thanks!
|
| ~Whitney

The first time I did not, and I didn't realize my mistake
until later. I then uninstalled the software, unplugged
the mouse and rebooted. Then I installed the software
before plugging in the mouse. Does that previous mistake
mean it will never work?

~Whitney

Go into the device manager and delete the hardware in
question. The install the software and then the hardware
again.

| The first time I did not, and I didn't realize my mistake
| until later. I then uninstalled the software, unplugged
| the mouse and rebooted. Then I installed the software
| before plugging in the mouse. Does that previous mistake
| mean it will never work?
|
| ~Whitney

| >|
| >| Thanks!