Change folder of Epson TWAIN driver

September 22, 2004 12:08:06 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.scanners,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

I downloaded the current TWAIN driver for my Epson perfection 1250 scanner
from the Epson website. http://tinyurl.com/6xxug

When I installed the file it created a folder called EPSON in the root of my
C: drive.

Then I ran the setup from that folder and it then created another subfolder
with DLLs in and all that sort of stuff.

Can I move or delete this folder?
Anonymous
September 22, 2004 9:14:49 PM

"Franklin" <franklin_lo@mail.com> wrote in message
>I downloaded the current TWAIN driver for my Epson perfection 1250 scanner
> from the Epson website. http://tinyurl.com/6xxug
>
> When I installed the file it created a folder called EPSON in the root of
> my
> C: drive.
>
> Then I ran the setup from that folder and it then created another
> subfolder
> with DLLs in and all that sort of stuff.
>
> Can I move or delete this folder?

Probably. Those are usually just used to install the driver into the correct
windows locations by runing setup.exe.

Move the files to another folder on your hard drive and reboot and see if
everything still works. If not then move them back and reboot.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

"CSM1" <nomoremail@nomail.com> wrote in message news:<dqi4d.13039$yp2.3753@newssvr30.news.prodigy.com>...
> "Franklin" <franklin_lo@mail.com> wrote in message
> >I downloaded the current TWAIN driver for my Epson perfection 1250 scanner
> > from the Epson website. http://tinyurl.com/6xxug
> >
> > When I installed the file it created a folder called EPSON in the root of
> > my
> > C: drive.
> >
> > Then I ran the setup from that folder and it then created another
> > subfolder
> > with DLLs in and all that sort of stuff.
> >
> > Can I move or delete this folder?
> >

> Probably. Those are usually just used to install the driver into the correct
> windows locations by runing setup.exe.
>
> Move the files to another folder on your hard drive and reboot and see if
> everything still works. If not then move them back and reboot.

The EPSON Driver unzips to the C:\EPSON folder when it installs. It is
safe to delete this folder after installation. It is not safe to
delete any other folder created during the installation, these
locations include:
%System_root%\Windows\Twain_32
%System_root%\Program Files\Escndv
!