Front audio panel without affecting rear audio connections

Hi there!
I have a A7N8X-E Deluxe mother board. I know it supports a front audio panel
but my computer case doesn't have any. It would be useful when you want to
plug headphones. I would like to install a rack in a front bay but one you
can plug to the mother board's front audio panel connectors and NOT the rear
audio connectors.
Does anyone know a rack that would function in that way please ?

Regards
HappyTheMan
4 answers Last reply
More about front audio panel affecting rear audio connections

    In article <dggv2l$41t$1@apollon.grec.isp.9tel.net>,
    holymusic@gmail.com says...
    > Hi there!
    > I have a A7N8X-E Deluxe mother board. I know it supports a front audio panel
    > but my computer case doesn't have any. It would be useful when you want to
    > plug headphones. I would like to install a rack in a front bay but one you
    > can plug to the mother board's front audio panel connectors and NOT the rear
    > audio connectors.
    > Does anyone know a rack that would function in that way please ?
    >
    > Regards
    > HappyTheMan

    Take a look here: http://www.frontx.com/

    Bill

    I use the parts from www.frontx.com It works good and is good quality.
    It has a connector that plugs into the motherboard and leaves the rear
    audio connections just as they are. You can plug your headphones into
    the frontx and your speakers will be muted.

    In article <dggv2l$41t$1@apollon.grec.isp.9tel.net>, "news.neuf.fr"
    <holymusic<at>gmail<dot>com> wrote:

    > Hi there!
    > I have a A7N8X-E Deluxe mother board. I know it supports a front audio panel
    > but my computer case doesn't have any. It would be useful when you want to
    > plug headphones. I would like to install a rack in a front bay but one you
    > can plug to the mother board's front audio panel connectors and NOT the rear
    > audio connectors.
    > Does anyone know a rack that would function in that way please ?
    >
    > Regards
    > HappyTheMan

    Page 20 of this specification shows the "standard" for the front
    panel audio connector. This is why it is referred to as
    "Intel compatible":

    http://web.archive.org/web/20040207150757/http://formfactors.org/developer/specs/fpio_design_guideline.pdf

    Here is an example - the Asus J-Panel rack. Note the words
    "Intel front panel audio":

    http://www.office-trade.com/pdf/B99Z429.pdf

    You can build your own front panel drive bay interface,
    with parts from here. This is an expensive method.

    http://www.frontx.com/cpx110.html
    http://www.frontx.com/order2.html

    Here is an example of a Soyo product - Bayone Extreme

    http://www.soyousa.com/downloads/filedesc.php?id=2309

    Good ones are hard to find.

    Paul

    Thanks a lot to you both :)