Front audio panel without affecting rear audio connections

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
September 17, 2005 5:35:29 PM

Hi there!
I have a A7N8X-E Deluxe mother board. I know it supports a front audio panel
but my computer case doesn't have any. It would be useful when you want to
plug headphones. I would like to install a rack in a front bay but one you
can plug to the mother board's front audio panel connectors and NOT the rear
audio connectors.
Does anyone know a rack that would function in that way please ?

Regards
HappyTheMan
September 17, 2005 9:29:45 PM

In article <dggv2l$41t$1@apollon.grec.isp.9tel.net>,
holymusic@gmail.com says...
> Hi there!
> I have a A7N8X-E Deluxe mother board. I know it supports a front audio panel
> but my computer case doesn't have any. It would be useful when you want to
> plug headphones. I would like to install a rack in a front bay but one you
> can plug to the mother board's front audio panel connectors and NOT the rear
> audio connectors.
> Does anyone know a rack that would function in that way please ?
>
> Regards
> HappyTheMan

Take a look here: http://www.frontx.com/

Bill
September 18, 2005 2:24:50 AM

I use the parts from www.frontx.com It works good and is good quality.
It has a connector that plugs into the motherboard and leaves the rear
audio connections just as they are. You can plug your headphones into
the frontx and your speakers will be muted.

"news.neuf.fr" <holymusic@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:D ggv2l$41t$1@apollon.grec.isp.9tel.net...
> Hi there!
> I have a A7N8X-E Deluxe mother board. I know it supports a front audio
> panel but my computer case doesn't have any. It would be useful when you
> want to plug headphones. I would like to install a rack in a front bay but
> one you can plug to the mother board's front audio panel connectors and
> NOT the rear audio connectors.
> Does anyone know a rack that would function in that way please ?
>
> Regards
> HappyTheMan

Related resources
September 18, 2005 5:51:34 AM

In article <dggv2l$41t$1@apollon.grec.isp.9tel.net>, "news.neuf.fr"
<holymusic<at>gmail<dot>com> wrote:

> Hi there!
> I have a A7N8X-E Deluxe mother board. I know it supports a front audio panel
> but my computer case doesn't have any. It would be useful when you want to
> plug headphones. I would like to install a rack in a front bay but one you
> can plug to the mother board's front audio panel connectors and NOT the rear
> audio connectors.
> Does anyone know a rack that would function in that way please ?
>
> Regards
> HappyTheMan

Page 20 of this specification shows the "standard" for the front
panel audio connector. This is why it is referred to as
"Intel compatible":

http://web.archive.org/web/20040207150757/http://formfa...

Here is an example - the Asus J-Panel rack. Note the words
"Intel front panel audio":

http://www.office-trade.com/pdf/B99Z429.pdf

You can build your own front panel drive bay interface,
with parts from here. This is an expensive method.

http://www.frontx.com/cpx110.html
http://www.frontx.com/order2.html

Here is an example of a Soyo product - Bayone Extreme

http://www.soyousa.com/downloads/filedesc.php?id=2309

Good ones are hard to find.

Paul
Anonymous