scarab gun

Last response: in Video Games
July 30, 2005 11:16:33 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

I have heard rumours that a scarab gun can be found in the second part of
Metropolis. However to get this gun you need to get hold of a banshee. If
anyone has any ideas on how to get a banshee in the second part of
metropolis please let me know. I have tried a few times and all I get is
exploded banshees.

More about : scarab gun

Anonymous
August 1, 2005 6:39:41 AM

V© wrote:
> I have heard rumours that a scarab gun can be found in the second part of
> Metropolis. However to get this gun you need to get hold of a banshee. If
> anyone has any ideas on how to get a banshee in the second part of
> metropolis please let me know. I have tried a few times and all I get is
> exploded banshees.

Could be correct.

--
/J/
Stuffing around with the web cam again:

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

as far as I can tell it is I have heard of heaps of people seeing it.
Though how the hell you get up on the bridge to get it and then get back
down is the biggest puzzle. I have heard some people sword jump but could
you sword jump that high and then back down again and not die?

"Jeßus" <_._@ii.net> wrote in message
> V© wrote:
>> I have heard rumours that a scarab gun can be found in the second part of
>> Metropolis. However to get this gun you need to get hold of a banshee.
>> If anyone has any ideas on how to get a banshee in the second part of
>> metropolis please let me know. I have tried a few times and all I get is
>> exploded banshees.
>
> Could be correct.
>

> --
> /J/
> Stuffing around with the web cam again:
> http://members.ii.net/~iijeebz/ii.jpg
August 4, 2005 4:12:05 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

I know where to get a banshee, but it's hard as hell. You have to let one
of the banhees follow you through the tunnel and you have to push it through
the tunnel checkpoint, w/ you behind it so it passes the checkpoint before
you. Fly to the top of the large bridge looking structure and there's a
plasma rifle. Thats the scarab gun. Unlimited, by the way.
"V©" <nope@naaaa.naaa.naaa> wrote in message
>I have heard rumours that a scarab gun can be found in the second part of
>Metropolis. However to get this gun you need to get hold of a banshee. If
>anyone has any ideas on how to get a banshee in the second part of
>metropolis please let me know. I have tried a few times and all I get is
>exploded banshees.

Anonymous
August 5, 2005 3:25:07 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

Yeah getting the banshee to follow me into the tunnel is a major pain. The
only time I even really see banshees are on the main bridge and they are not
really near the tunnel (well not that close to it anyway)...

"Adam Farwick" <sum41sk8r@fuse.net> wrote in message
>I know where to get a banshee, but it's hard as hell. You have to let one
>of the banhees follow you through the tunnel and you have to push it
>through the tunnel checkpoint, w/ you behind it so it passes the checkpoint
>before you. Fly to the top of the large bridge looking structure and
>there's a plasma rifle. Thats the scarab gun. Unlimited, by the way.
> "V©" <nope@naaaa.naaa.naaa> wrote in message
>>I have heard rumours that a scarab gun can be found in the second part of
>>Metropolis. However to get this gun you need to get hold of a banshee.
>>If anyone has any ideas on how to get a banshee in the second part of
>>metropolis please let me know. I have tried a few times and all I get is
>>exploded banshees.

Anonymous
August 15, 2005 6:06:19 PM

> Yeah getting the banshee to follow me into the tunnel is a major pain.
> The only time I even really see banshees are on the main bridge and they
> are not really near the tunnel (well not that close to it anyway)...
>

> "Adam Farwick" <sum41sk8r@fuse.net> wrote in message
>>I know where to get a banshee, but it's hard as hell. You have to let one
>>of the banhees follow you through the tunnel and you have to push it
>>through the tunnel checkpoint, w/ you behind it so it passes the
>>checkpoint before you. Fly to the top of the large bridge looking
>>structure and there's a plasma rifle. Thats the scarab gun. Unlimited, by
>>the way.
>> "V©" <nope@naaaa.naaa.naaa> wrote in message
>>>I have heard rumours that a scarab gun can be found in the second part of
>>>Metropolis. However to get this gun you need to get hold of a banshee.
>>>If anyone has any ideas on how to get a banshee in the second part of
>>>metropolis please let me know. I have tried a few times and all I get is
>>>exploded banshees.

Humm, I didn't find it too hard to get the banshee through the tunnel (did
it on easy). You just wait outside the tunnel and a banshee will keep coming
down to shoot you then as it's flying towards you, you walk back and you can
lead it all the way to the check point (I find this boarding it at the
checkpoint the hardest), you have to board it at the right moment otherwise
the banshee will blow up or disappear. It's easier to do on Co-op with a
friend, that way someone can lead the banshee and the other can get rid of
the cov.

You can also get to a giant football (soccer ball) after you get the banshee
through.

http://cheats.gamespot.com/562116-Halo-2/
Anonymous
August 20, 2005 7:41:33 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

I find it hard in the hard setting and near impossible to do on legendary.
I can get the banshee to follow me throught hte tunnel no problems. However
the banshess always shoot me dead before I get into the tunnel on those
levels.

Hmmm I am not sure if the scarab gun is there on easy. Though I really want
to get it on the legendary settign as it would even things up a bit.

"Kolicha" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message

> "V©" <nope@naaaa.naaa.naaa> wrote in message
>> Yeah getting the banshee to follow me into the tunnel is a major pain.
>> The only time I even really see banshees are on the main bridge and they
>> are not really near the tunnel (well not that close to it anyway)...
>>

>> "Adam Farwick" <sum41sk8r@fuse.net> wrote in message
>>>I know where to get a banshee, but it's hard as hell. You have to let
>>>one of the banhees follow you through the tunnel and you have to push it
>>>through the tunnel checkpoint, w/ you behind it so it passes the
>>>checkpoint before you. Fly to the top of the large bridge looking
>>>structure and there's a plasma rifle. Thats the scarab gun. Unlimited,
>>>by the way.
>>> "V©" <nope@naaaa.naaa.naaa> wrote in message
>>>>

> Humm, I didn't find it too hard to get the banshee through the tunnel (did
> it on easy). You just wait outside the tunnel and a banshee will keep
> coming down to shoot you then as it's flying towards you, you walk back
> and you can lead it all the way to the check point (I find this boarding
> it at the checkpoint the hardest), you have to board it at the right
> moment otherwise the banshee will blow up or disappear. It's easier to do
> on Co-op with a friend, that way someone can lead the banshee and the
> other can get rid of the cov.
>
> You can also get to a giant football (soccer ball) after you get the
> banshee through.
>
> http://cheats.gamespot.com/562116-Halo-2/

August 21, 2005 6:56:09 PM

V© wrote:
> I find it hard in the hard setting and near impossible to do on legendary.
> I can get the banshee to follow me throught hte tunnel no problems. However
> the banshess always shoot me dead before I get into the tunnel on those
> levels.
>
> Hmmm I am not sure if the scarab gun is there on easy. Though I really want
> to get it on the legendary settign as it would even things up a bit.
>
> "Kolicha" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>
>>"V©" <nope@naaaa.naaa.naaa> wrote in message
>>
>>>Yeah getting the banshee to follow me into the tunnel is a major pain.
>>>The only time I even really see banshees are on the main bridge and they
>>>are not really near the tunnel (well not that close to it anyway)...
>>>

>>>"Adam Farwick" <sum41sk8r@fuse.net> wrote in message

>>Humm, I didn't find it too hard to get the banshee through the tunnel (did
>>it on easy). You just wait outside the tunnel and a banshee will keep
>>coming down to shoot you then as it's flying towards you, you walk back
>>and you can lead it all the way to the check point (I find this boarding
>>it at the checkpoint the hardest), you have to board it at the right
>>moment otherwise the banshee will blow up or disappear. It's easier to do
>>on Co-op with a friend, that way someone can lead the banshee and the
>>other can get rid of the cov.
>>
>>You can also get to a giant football (soccer ball) after you get the
>>banshee through.
>>
>>http://cheats.gamespot.com/562116-Halo-2/

You can't keep it past the end of Metropolis.
Anonymous
August 21, 2005 9:45:11 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

Yes it's there on easy cause that's how I got it, and so is the giant
football (soccer ball)

>I find it hard in the hard setting and near impossible to do on legendary.
>I can get the banshee to follow me throught hte tunnel no problems.
>However the banshess always shoot me dead before I get into the tunnel on
>those levels.
>
> Hmmm I am not sure if the scarab gun is there on easy. Though I really
> want to get it on the legendary settign as it would even things up a bit.
>
> "Kolicha" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "V©" <nope@naaaa.naaa.naaa> wrote in message
>>> Yeah getting the banshee to follow me into the tunnel is a major pain.
>>> The only time I even really see banshees are on the main bridge and they
>>> are not really near the tunnel (well not that close to it anyway)...
>>>

>>> "Adam Farwick" <sum41sk8r@fuse.net> wrote in message
>>>>>

>> Humm, I didn't find it too hard to get the banshee through the tunnel
>> (did it on easy). You just wait outside the tunnel and a banshee will
>> keep coming down to shoot you then as it's flying towards you, you walk
>> back and you can lead it all the way to the check point (I find this
>> boarding it at the checkpoint the hardest), you have to board it at the
>> right moment otherwise the banshee will blow up or disappear. It's easier
>> to do on Co-op with a friend, that way someone can lead the banshee and
>> the other can get rid of the cov.
>>
>> You can also get to a giant football (soccer ball) after you get the
>> banshee through.
>>
>> http://cheats.gamespot.com/562116-Halo-2/

Anonymous
August 24, 2005 11:16:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

doh!!!

Damn... Oh well it is still nice to try and get it :)

"Someone" <someone@somewhere.something> wrote in message
> V© wrote:
>> I find it hard in the hard setting and near impossible to do on
>> legendary. I can get the banshee to follow me throught hte tunnel no
>> problems. However the banshess always shoot me dead before I get into
>> the tunnel on those levels.
>>
>> Hmmm I am not sure if the scarab gun is there on easy. Though I really
>> want to get it on the legendary settign as it would even things up a bit.
>>
>> "Kolicha" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>"V©" <nope@naaaa.naaa.naaa> wrote in message

>>>Humm, I didn't find it too hard to get the banshee through the tunnel
>>>(did it on easy). You just wait outside the tunnel and a banshee will
>>>keep coming down to shoot you then as it's flying towards you, you walk
>>>back and you can lead it all the way to the check point (I find this
>>>boarding it at the checkpoint the hardest), you have to board it at the
>>>right moment otherwise the banshee will blow up or disappear. It's easier
>>>to do on Co-op with a friend, that way someone can lead the banshee and
>>>the other can get rid of the cov.
>>>
>>>You can also get to a giant football (soccer ball) after you get the
>>>banshee through.
>>>
>>>http://cheats.gamespot.com/562116-Halo-2/
>>>

> You can't keep it past the end of Metropolis.
Anonymous
September 3, 2005 9:05:00 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

On Thu, 4 Aug 2005 00:12:05 -0400, "Adam Farwick" <sum41sk8r@fuse.net>
wrote:

>I know where to get a banshee, but it's hard as hell. You have to let one
>of the banhees follow you through the tunnel and you have to push it through
>the tunnel checkpoint, w/ you behind it so it passes the checkpoint before
>you. Fly to the top of the large bridge looking structure and there's a
>plasma rifle. Thats the scarab gun. Unlimited, by the way.
>"V©" <nope@naaaa.naaa.naaa> wrote in message
>>I have heard rumours that a scarab gun can be found in the second part of
>>Metropolis. However to get this gun you need to get hold of a banshee. If
>>anyone has any ideas on how to get a banshee in the second part of
>>metropolis please let me know. I have tried a few times and all I get is
>>exploded >

Dive the warthog out in the open place and the banshee will start to
ram it then just walk up and jack it .
February 14, 2007 8:27:28 AM

Quote:
I have heard rumours that a scarab gun can be found in the second part of
Metropolis. However to get this gun you need to get hold of a banshee. If
anyone has any ideas on how to get a banshee in the second part of
metropolis please let me know. I have tried a few times and all I get is
exploded banshees.

Go to youtube.com and type in scarab gun there are loads of videos showing and explaining what to do!!!
February 14, 2007 8:29:11 AM

Quote:
I have heard rumours that a scarab gun can be found in the second part of
Metropolis. However to get this gun you need to get hold of a banshee. If
anyone has any ideas on how to get a banshee in the second part of
metropolis please let me know. I have tried a few times and all I get is
exploded banshees.

hello again i have a link for the best video for the scarab gun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FqL-GXSAx0
Anonymous
November 9, 2009 2:08:08 PM

Yeah, it's really there i got it on legendary. you have to get a banshee to follow you thru the highwya tunnelz and then jack it right at the loading point. there is a second scarab gun on the Metropolis level too, i found it and got to dual-wield Scarab Guns! but im not telling u where the second one is, tho. figure it out on ur own. i'm the only one of my friends thats found it and i want to keep it that way!
!