SP2 made XP stupid, it no longer knows what a camera is

Ed

XP knew what a camera was and how to get pictures out of
one before SP2! can anyone at microsoft fix my XP system ?
I just want to get the pics out of my camera

Philo

"ed" <ed@2badbots.com> wrote in message
> XP knew what a camera was and how to get pictures out of
> one before SP2! can anyone at microsoft fix my XP system ?
> I just want to get the pics out of my camera

you may need to reinstall the drivers

Ed

and pics.
I did download all the software and drivers and it (xp)
still thinks I have a removeable DISK I removed SP2 and
it's still the same way.

Hello,

You have to install software to automatically get the pictures from the
camera... the other way is go to My Computer-Then you should have a
removable drive (This is the camera storage space that can be internal or SD
Card or Memory Stick ) and browse and copy the files you want to where you
want....

"ed" <ed@2badbots.com> wrote in message
> XP knew what a camera was and how to get pictures out of
> one before SP2! can anyone at microsoft fix my XP system ?
> I just want to get the pics out of my camera

From XP's point of view, that camera IS removable storage, ie. a disk.

--
Tumppi
Reply to group

"ed" <ed@2badbots.com> kirjoitti viestissä

> [...]

That is exactly what it should do. The camera is nothing more than an
expensive Disk Reader. If you want to use it as a webcam, it will show
up as the camera, but this may require software and/or drivers from your
camera manufacturer.

----
Nathan McNulty

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 13:07:48 -0700, "ed" <ed@2badbots.com> wrote:

>XP knew what a camera was and how to get pictures out of
>one before SP2! can anyone at microsoft fix my XP system ?
>I just want to get the pics out of my camera

Make/model of Camera?
Does the camera come with software on CD?
Have you tried reinstalling Camera software?
Is it a USB camera?

A little more info would help!

Peter Hutchison