beeping motherboard during use

a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
September 21, 2004 5:29:08 PM

I just installed a radeon 9600 pro (128mB) on my p4 system, and everthing
went smoothly, until I ran an app the uses my new video card specs, then the
program works fine, but my tower starts beeping constantly, and doesn't stop,
until I have returned to my desktop. It only beeps when I am running a game,
or other program with different resolution settings than my desktop (1024x768
85 refresh) I have double checked all bios settings, updated the video card
drivers, updated directx, and reseated the card, and re-installed several
times. It might be the card, but then, why would it work, even with the
accompanying beeps?

More about : beeping motherboard

September 21, 2004 9:44:51 PM

That beeping is your motherboard overheating, its leting
you know its getting too hot. The reason it stops when you
goback to the desktop is becouse the comptuer isnt being
used as much and its cools down right away. Make sure you
have enugh ventalation in your pc. get an extra fan if you
have to

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
September 22, 2004 10:14:33 PM

There are two possibilities that I can think of. First, would be heat.
It is possible that the system is overheating when loading up CPU
intensive applications/games. Second, your sound may not be mapped
correctly. Make sure your sound card is properly installed, drivers
installed, and chosen as the primary sound source.

----
Nathan McNulty

Stormy Fairweather wrote:
> I just installed a radeon 9600 pro (128mB) on my p4 system, and everthing
> went smoothly, until I ran an app the uses my new video card specs, then the
> program works fine, but my tower starts beeping constantly, and doesn't stop,
> until I have returned to my desktop. It only beeps when I am running a game,
> or other program with different resolution settings than my desktop (1024x768
> 85 refresh) I have double checked all bios settings, updated the video card
> drivers, updated directx, and reseated the card, and re-installed several
> times. It might be the card, but then, why would it work, even with the
> accompanying beeps?
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
September 23, 2004 12:42:46 AM

This was also one of my thoughts. I think you pressed the wrong button
or something, but you need to reply to the original message so they can
see your help.

----
Nathan McNulty

sean wrote:
> That beeping is your motherboard overheating, its leting
> you know its getting too hot. The reason it stops when you
> goback to the desktop is becouse the comptuer isnt being
> used as much and its cools down right away. Make sure you
> have enugh ventalation in your pc. get an extra fan if you
> have to

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
September 23, 2004 6:57:06 AM

There are six fans in my tower, not to mention the one on the video card. My
PC NEVER gets hotter than 32c, and my soundcard runs fine. It's new, and I
have had no problems with it. Are there any other possibilites you can think
of? PS - It's not power supply either, I have a tigerpro 360w powersupply.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
September 23, 2004 11:59:55 AM

Take the cover off the case. If the beeping stops, then you have poor (or
no) air flow through your system. No air flow, no cooling. With six fans,
you should have three suction, three exhaust.

steve

"Stormy Fairweather" <StormyFairweather@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:A2E1DB8E-EFCE-49BC-B472-2C0F0DA95B71@microsoft.com...
> There are six fans in my tower, not to mention the one on the video card.
My
> PC NEVER gets hotter than 32c, and my soundcard runs fine. It's new, and I
> have had no problems with it. Are there any other possibilites you can
think
> of? PS - It's not power supply either, I have a tigerpro 360w powersupply.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
September 24, 2004 8:59:02 AM

Umm...Fans Are good I think, four in, two out. I downloaded an app to see the
temp of my board, and when th video card isn't in use it is 30-31c, but if I
load a something that taxes the card the temp immediently jumps to 38-41c
and if I don't terminate the app the system freezes. I suspect a faulty video
card. Any thoughts?

"joust in jest" wrote:

> Take the cover off the case. If the beeping stops, then you have poor (or
> no) air flow through your system. No air flow, no cooling. With six fans,
> you should have three suction, three exhaust.
>
> steve
>

> "Stormy Fairweather" <StormyFairweather@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:A2E1DB8E-EFCE-49BC-B472-2C0F0DA95B71@microsoft.com...
> > There are six fans in my tower, not to mention the one on the video card.
> My
> > PC NEVER gets hotter than 32c, and my soundcard runs fine. It's new, and I
> > have had no problems with it. Are there any other possibilites you can
> think
> > of? PS - It's not power supply either, I have a tigerpro 360w powersupply.

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
September 24, 2004 8:09:01 PM

Try "underclocking" the vid card and see if will keep going. If it does,
you have a duff card and I would take it back.

Stormy Fairweather wrote:

> Umm...Fans Are good I think, four in, two out. I downloaded an app to see the
> temp of my board, and when th video card isn't in use it is 30-31c, but if I
> load a something that taxes the card the temp immediently jumps to 38-41c
> and if I don't terminate the app the system freezes. I suspect a faulty video
> card. Any thoughts?
>
> "joust in jest" wrote:
>

>>Take the cover off the case. If the beeping stops, then you have poor (or
>>no) air flow through your system. No air flow, no cooling. With six fans,
>>you should have three suction, three exhaust.
>>
>>steve
>>

>>"Stormy Fairweather" <StormyFairweather@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>>message news:A2E1DB8E-EFCE-49BC-B472-2C0F0DA95B71@microsoft.com...
>>
>>>There are six fans in my tower, not to mention the one on the video card.
>>>
>>My
>>
>>>PC NEVER gets hotter than 32c, and my soundcard runs fine. It's new, and I
>>>have had no problems with it. Are there any other possibilites you can
>>>
>>think
>>
>>>of? PS - It's not power supply either, I have a tigerpro 360w powersupply.

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
September 25, 2004 2:11:05 AM

I dropped all acceleration on the video card and my system performance was
gone, average processor use was 80-95%, but the tower didn't beep once. So
I'm guessing you're right 'bout the card. thanks.

"Bob I" wrote:

> Try "underclocking" the vid card and see if will keep going. If it does,
> you have a duff card and I would take it back.
>
> Stormy Fairweather wrote:
>
> > Umm...Fans Are good I think, four in, two out. I downloaded an app to see the
> > temp of my board, and when th video card isn't in use it is 30-31c, but if I
> > load a something that taxes the card the temp immediently jumps to 38-41c
> > and if I don't terminate the app the system freezes. I suspect a faulty video
> > card. Any thoughts?
> >
> > "joust in jest" wrote:
> >

> >>Take the cover off the case. If the beeping stops, then you have poor (or
> >>no) air flow through your system. No air flow, no cooling. With six fans,
> >>you should have three suction, three exhaust.
> >>
> >>steve
> >>

> >>"Stormy Fairweather" <StormyFairweather@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >>message news:A2E1DB8E-EFCE-49BC-B472-2C0F0DA95B71@microsoft.com...

> >>My

> >>think

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
September 27, 2004 11:32:22 AM

Hope you get a healthy replacement, cheers!

!