lost usb ports, dciman32.dll, and mouse

September 21, 2004 6:30:17 PM

hey,

one day I had problems with my computer starting up.
eventually it started back up and told me to run chkdsk
so I did and now my mouse doesn't work and my usb ports
don't work. I also am told everytime I start up the
dciman32.dll couldn't be found and I should try to
reinstall the application. Can anyone help me with any
of this?

Thanks,
Kyle
Anonymous
September 23, 2004 12:38:55 AM

Reinstall your chipset (motherbaord drivrers). This will fix all of
your USB ports and should also fix your mouse in the process. There are
many applications that use the file you are missing. SpyBot S&D is one
of them. Check here:
http://www.ezgoal.com/channels/developer/f.asp?f=188354

----
Nathan McNulty