Input Devices - Keyboard and Mouse -Not responding

graeme

New to XP
Using XP Home
New install

Tried to install a new cordless keyboard and mouse, but
the install failed.

Now unable to get the windows system to recognise or
respond to either my old PS2 mouse or PS2 keyboard nor can
I get it to recognise the new cordless keyboard & mouse.
In fact I have tried every PS2 keyboard and mouse in the
home.

I see an old post to remove device and registery keys, but
have no input devices active.

Keyboard is recognised on boot (but once XP loads the
screen sits and stares at me, I have no input device
capabilities)

I am able to access the F8 key and start windows in safe
mode. However the input devices do not respond.

Unfortunately I have been unable to create an SR disk yet.

The roll back function on devices I have tried but no luck.

Any ideas

Try booting off your XP CD, choose INSTALL, then press R to repair, and
Windows should attempt to fix itself.

----
Nathan McNulty