Sound card problem after Win XP reinstall

Richard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I just reinstalled Windows XP Home. Everything is
working except that I have no sound. I see C-Media AC97
Audio Device, but when trouble shooting it says "The
devise cannot start. Code 10" and to "uninstall and
reinstall device." I tried with no success. I didn't
change any hardware etc. and don't know where to start.
Please point me in the right direction on how to resolve?

Thank you,
Richard Lewis

In Device Manager, did you right click on the device, click Uninstall,
then reboot? You may also need to install your chipset drivers
(motherboard drivers). I am going to assume the sound is built into the
motherboard.

----
Nathan McNulty