Unable to Logon

mo

Help required!!

I am running windows XP, and I ran adware6.0 and it found
many adaware programs on my pc. I deleted all the ones it
found.

Now whenever I try to logon, the pc logs me off straight
away. I dont even have a password so it cant be this.I
cant get to the desktop. I think adaware may of deleted
entries from the registry.

Any ideas on how to recover from this? One suggestion was
to run XP windows repair disk, will this work?

Your help will be really appreciated. Email me
mfarooq10@hotmail.com

Hi

After the next reboot, keep tapping the F8 key. You may be able to access a
screen that has 'Last Known Good Configuration' as an option. Try that to
see if you can access Windows 'normally'.

A 'Repair' install may work, depending on what kind of XP CD you have.

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"mo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Help required!!
>
> I am running windows XP, and I ran adware6.0 and it found
> many adaware programs on my pc. I deleted all the ones it
> found.
>
> Now whenever I try to logon, the pc logs me off straight
> away. I dont even have a password so it cant be this.I
> cant get to the desktop. I think adaware may of deleted
> entries from the registry.
>
> Any ideas on how to recover from this? One suggestion was
> to run XP windows repair disk, will this work?
>
> Your help will be really appreciated. Email me
> mfarooq10@hotmail.com

Thanks

I have tried this many times also in safe mode but still
get same the problems.

> Thanks
>
> I have tried this many times also in safe mode but still
> get same the problems.

Boot the machine with your WinXP CD, then go through
the repair process to restore missing files. You will have
to re-apply the latest service pack.