P4C800-E Delux Wi-Fi Module

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

About a year ago I bought a P3C800-E motherboard. The manual said that you
could plug a Wi-Fi Module into the motherboard when one was available!
I've checking with the Asus web sight and can't see that they produce such a
module yet. Am I looking in the wrong place or what?
Bob
Thanks

Paul

Splendid

In article <2KCdnbYqkZNFeqzeRVn-pw@pghconnect.com>, "Bob"
<bhaucknospam@pghmail.com> wrote:

> About a year ago I bought a P3C800-E motherboard. The manual said that you
> could plug a Wi-Fi Module into the motherboard when one was available!
> I've checking with the Asus web sight and can't see that they produce such a
> module yet. Am I looking in the wrong place or what?
> Bob
> Thanks

This one is both 802.11g/b , plugs into PCI, and is $25.

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=251833&ovsubmit=wifi%40home

The one with the proprietary slot was 802.11b only, AFAIK.
The one you are looking for, is the "Wifi-b". This is the
manual download - see page 15 for a picture of the module.
At retail, you may find these have come and gone already:

http://dlsvr03.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/accessory/wifi-b/e1414_wifi-b.pdf

PCI Slot 5 and the Wifi slot cannot both be used at the same
time, so it makes much more sense to buy a PCI card, which
opens up the possible choices to more than Asus cards.

Paul