jr

I recently added a new 160GB drive to my system. It is working fine as a
slave but I would prefer to move everything from my old 80GB master and make
the new drive the master. How do I do this?

Hello

You can use ghost which is much faster process
but in my opinion just install the new drive as master
load your OS and all drivers and then install your 80gig
as a slave and just copy your stuff over.

Of course all software and updates will have to be reloaded which
is a little longer process but it's your best option and things work
better

Alvin

JR wrote:

> I recently added a new 160GB drive to my system. It is working fine as a
> slave but I would prefer to move everything from my old 80GB master and make
> the new drive the master. How do I do this?

The easiest way I can think of is to use a program such as Norton
ghost to clone your old disk onto the new one then make the physical
master/slave change with the drive's jumpers. You can then format the
old drive.

"JR" <JR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently added a new 160GB drive to my system. It is working fine
>as a
> slave but I would prefer to move everything from my old 80GB master
> and make
> the new drive the master. How do I do this?

Depending on what drive you bought, you may have software that came with
it that will do the exact same thing as Norton Ghost. This should have
come on a CD. If you don't have a CD, post back with the name of the
maker of your hard drive.

----
Nathan McNulty