changing master hard drives

I recently added a new 160GB drive to my system. It is working fine as a
slave but I would prefer to move everything from my old 80GB master and make
the new drive the master. How do I do this?
3 answers Last reply
More about changing master hard drives

    Hello

    You can use ghost which is much faster process
    but in my opinion just install the new drive as master
    load your OS and all drivers and then install your 80gig
    as a slave and just copy your stuff over.

    Of course all software and updates will have to be reloaded which
    is a little longer process but it's your best option and things work
    better

    Alvin

    JR wrote:

    > I recently added a new 160GB drive to my system. It is working fine as a
    > slave but I would prefer to move everything from my old 80GB master and make
    > the new drive the master. How do I do this?

    The easiest way I can think of is to use a program such as Norton
    ghost to clone your old disk onto the new one then make the physical
    master/slave change with the drive's jumpers. You can then format the
    old drive.

    "JR" <JR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I recently added a new 160GB drive to my system. It is working fine
    >as a
    > slave but I would prefer to move everything from my old 80GB master
    > and make
    > the new drive the master. How do I do this?

    Depending on what drive you bought, you may have software that came with
    it that will do the exact same thing as Norton Ghost. This should have
    come on a CD. If you don't have a CD, post back with the name of the
    maker of your hard drive.

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    I like toys and cake wrote:
    > The easiest way I can think of is to use a program such as Norton
    > ghost to clone your old disk onto the new one then make the physical
    > master/slave change with the drive's jumpers. You can then format the
    > old drive.
    >
    > "JR" <JR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>I recently added a new 160GB drive to my system. It is working fine
    >>as a
    >>slave but I would prefer to move everything from my old 80GB master
    >>and make
    >>the new drive the master. How do I do this?

Hard Drives Windows XP