Hog Noobing

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

It cracks me up that people will bitch about others "hog noobing". The
hog is as much a part of the game as the pistol,fuel rod, nades, etc.
Why do some people think they have the right to choose how they get killed.

"Agent777" <Agent777@no-no-na.net> wrote in message
> It cracks me up that people will bitch about others "hog noobing". The
> hog is as much a part of the game as the pistol,fuel rod, nades, etc.
> Why do some people think they have the right to choose how they get
> killed.

The hogs are fun. Actually, all the vehicles are fun. Each have their
strengths and weaknesses. There are exactly two Halo maps I'll play
online: Blood Gulch and Death Island. Well, there's two others that
are a little bit fun so play them for variety. But BG and DI are my
faves. I run a server, set Team Deathmatch, and fill them with all the
vehicles allowed. I like running the tweaked Blood Gulch map that
allows you to drive the hogs from the gunner spot; shoot while driving
:) I've seen every kinda player you can think of. And sometimes, even
I get called a cheater :) I'm not a great player. I'm an old fart with
slightly shakey hands now, slower reflexes and the mind of a teenager
when it comes to having fun. I've seen a few true noobs get on and get
clobbered so badly they want to just leave and forget the game. They
were trying to explore the map a bit and get to know how things work. I
often set up a passworded server and have em in, coach em a bit, and let
them just have fun as long as they want to.
Hey, if there are vehicles in the map, they're meant to be used!
McG.