VCORE voltage

I purchased a motherboard combo from Monarch a couple months ago. It is an
Asus A8V Deluxe with AMD 3500+ CPU and 1 gb of Corsair memory. This board
has experienced random lockups when running Windows XP from the day I
received it. I spent many hours troubleshooting it and finally eliminated
everything except the CPU and motherboard. I sent it back to Moncarch and
they replaced the memory, which I had alredy proven was not bad. They sent
me back the board which still fails the same way. Now they are giving me
the run around implying I am doing something wrong. For what it is worth, I
would never buy fromt them again. I guess I am just out $600. Anyway, sorry
for the tirade. I have noticed using Asus Probe that the VCORE voltage
varies quite a bit even when just sitting at the desktop with nothing
running. It varies from around 1.406 volts to 1.438. The 3.3 volts varies
sometimes too. Is this normal, or could that be my problem? I have tried
two very high quality power supplies with the same results. My old AMD
computer with a 1.0 g processor shows rock solid voltages with MBM5.

Paul

Splendid

In article <85adnfULMZI2IK_eRVn-sw@comcast.com>, "Rila"
<dlcs1944@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I purchased a motherboard combo from Monarch a couple months ago. It is an
> Asus A8V Deluxe with AMD 3500+ CPU and 1 gb of Corsair memory. This board
> has experienced random lockups when running Windows XP from the day I
> received it. I spent many hours troubleshooting it and finally eliminated
> everything except the CPU and motherboard. I sent it back to Moncarch and
> they replaced the memory, which I had alredy proven was not bad. They sent
> me back the board which still fails the same way. Now they are giving me
> the run around implying I am doing something wrong. For what it is worth, I
> would never buy fromt them again. I guess I am just out $600. Anyway, sorry
> for the tirade. I have noticed using Asus Probe that the VCORE voltage
> varies quite a bit even when just sitting at the desktop with nothing
> running. It varies from around 1.406 volts to 1.438. The 3.3 volts varies
> sometimes too. Is this normal, or could that be my problem? I have tried
> two very high quality power supplies with the same results. My old AMD
> computer with a 1.0 g processor shows rock solid voltages with MBM5.

Are you by chance using Marvell Yukon driver v8.35.2.3 ?
It causes system freezes. If you roll back to a previous
driver, or use the driver off the motherboard CD, all
will be well.

Paul

> In article <85adnfULMZI2IK_eRVn-sw@comcast.com>, "Rila"
> <dlcs1944@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I purchased a motherboard combo from Monarch a couple months ago. It is
>> an
>> Asus A8V Deluxe with AMD 3500+ CPU and 1 gb of Corsair memory. This
>> board
>> has experienced random lockups when running Windows XP from the day I
>> received it. I spent many hours troubleshooting it and finally
>> eliminated
>> everything except the CPU and motherboard. I sent it back to Moncarch
>> and
>> they replaced the memory, which I had alredy proven was not bad. They
>> sent
>> me back the board which still fails the same way. Now they are giving me
>> the run around implying I am doing something wrong. For what it is worth,
>> would never buy fromt them again. I guess I am just out $600. Anyway,
>> sorry
>> for the tirade. I have noticed using Asus Probe that the VCORE voltage
>> varies quite a bit even when just sitting at the desktop with nothing
>> running. It varies from around 1.406 volts to 1.438. The 3.3 volts
>> varies
>> sometimes too. Is this normal, or could that be my problem? I have
>> tried
>> two very high quality power supplies with the same results. My old AMD
>> computer with a 1.0 g processor shows rock solid voltages with MBM5.
>
> Are you by chance using Marvell Yukon driver v8.35.2.3 ?
> It causes system freezes. If you roll back to a previous
> driver, or use the driver off the motherboard CD, all
> will be well.
>
> Paul

Thanks Paul. I just saw a post on that. Yes, I am using that driver. I
have disabled the Marvel Yukon LAN in the bios and will let it run until is
locks up again or works for several days. I will then try another driver or
put in a stand alone card. Thanks for your reply.

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Have you contacted ASUS to replace the board. I had a bunch of problems
with an A8V-e Deluxe. They replaced it without too much pain and the
new one has had no problems at all.

Sorry you had trouble with Monarch - I have not had any problem with
them.

"Rila" <dlcs1944@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>> In article <85adnfULMZI2IK_eRVn-sw@comcast.com>, "Rila"
>> <dlcs1944@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I purchased a motherboard combo from Monarch a couple months ago. It is
>>> an
>>> Asus A8V Deluxe with AMD 3500+ CPU and 1 gb of Corsair memory. This
>>> board
>>> has experienced random lockups when running Windows XP from the day I
>>> received it. I spent many hours troubleshooting it and finally
>>> eliminated
>>> everything except the CPU and motherboard. I sent it back to Moncarch
>>> and
>>> they replaced the memory, which I had alredy proven was not bad. They
>>> sent
>>> me back the board which still fails the same way. Now they are giving
>>> me
>>> the run around implying I am doing something wrong. For what it is
>>> worth, I
>>> would never buy fromt them again. I guess I am just out $600. Anyway,
>>> sorry
>>> for the tirade. I have noticed using Asus Probe that the VCORE voltage
>>> varies quite a bit even when just sitting at the desktop with nothing
>>> running. It varies from around 1.406 volts to 1.438. The 3.3 volts
>>> varies
>>> sometimes too. Is this normal, or could that be my problem? I have
>>> tried
>>> two very high quality power supplies with the same results. My old AMD
>>> computer with a 1.0 g processor shows rock solid voltages with MBM5.
>>
>> Are you by chance using Marvell Yukon driver v8.35.2.3 ?
>> It causes system freezes. If you roll back to a previous
>> driver, or use the driver off the motherboard CD, all
>> will be well.
>>
>> Paul
>
> Thanks Paul. I just saw a post on that. Yes, I am using that driver. I
> have disabled the Marvel Yukon LAN in the bios and will let it run until
> is locks up again or works for several days. I will then try another
> driver or put in a stand alone card. Thanks for your reply.

I use the Marvel Yukon LAN with the drivers that came on the motherboard CD
with my ASUS A8V Deluxe and have had no problems at all since I installed
this board a month ago, and I do a lot of online gaming. Many people have
had random lockups when they upgraded to the drivers Paul mentioned. I think
there is a newer set of drivers released without the lockup problem, but I
say if it ain't broke then don't try to fix it. I haven't tried them yet but
may try them this weekend just to see what happens.