P5GDC Pro problem 7.1

Hello
I have problem with sorround sound 7.1, sound card is integrated to mobo
(cmedia 9880), I have 7.1 creative speackers(T7900), and software which was
attached to this mobo, doesnt recognize that I have 7.1 speackers, it
recognize 5.1 :|. I dont understand why. I know that this mobo has 8 chanel
soud system. In attached software I tryed to set up it by myself but, then
always doestn work two speckers, even in diferent setting. Pleace help me,
what I have to do.

PazdzioH

PazdzioH schrieb:

> Hello
> I have problem with sorround sound 7.1, sound card is integrated to mobo
> (cmedia 9880), I have 7.1 creative speackers(T7900), and software which was
> attached to this mobo, doesnt recognize that I have 7.1 speackers, it
> recognize 5.1 :|. I dont understand why. I know that this mobo has 8 chanel
> soud system. In attached software I tryed to set up it by myself but, then
> always doestn work two speckers, even in diferent setting. Pleace help me,
> what I have to do.

Which OS are you using? AFAIK Win2k only supports 5.1 setups, while XP
will provide support for 7.1 as well. I don't really understand why 2000
is limited in this regard (it only supports up to 96 kHz either and
kernel mixer won't swallow 24 bit samples), I imagine that this should
have been easy to fix.

Stephan
--
Home: http://stephan.win31.de/
PC#6: i440BX, 2xP3-500E, 704 MiB, 250+80 GB, R9k AGP 64 MiB, 110W

Paul

Splendid

In article <dh1upa$dtl$1@news2.ipartners.pl>, "PazdzioH"
<dlugi_194@poczta.fm> wrote:

> Hello
> I have problem with sorround sound 7.1, sound card is integrated to mobo
> (cmedia 9880), I have 7.1 creative speackers(T7900), and software which was
> attached to this mobo, doesnt recognize that I have 7.1 speackers, it
> recognize 5.1 :|. I dont understand why. I know that this mobo has 8 chanel
> soud system. In attached software I tryed to set up it by myself but, then
> always doestn work two speckers, even in diferent setting. Pleace help me,
> what I have to do.
>
> PazdzioH

I have a theory for you.

Is there a document "Inspire T7900 Connectivity Multilingual"
that came with the product ? It shows a cable assembly, with three
1/8" plugs on one end, and four 1/8" plugs on the other end.
Do not use that cable assembly, as it is not intended to work
with your motherboard.

I went to the Europe web site for Creative, and downloaded that
document. Try starting here:

http://gi.europe.creative.com/support/downloads/welcome.asp?type=manuals

This link will probably not work for you, so you may have to use
the menus on the above web page, to eventually get to a file
like this one:

http://files.europe.creative.com/manualdn/Manuals/TSD/8277/0x18A6A9B1/Inspire%20T7900%20Connectivity%20Multilingual.pdf

The three plugs on one end of that cable, are not ordinary jacks.
They have four contacts instead of the normal three contacts.

The upper plug in this picture, shows the four contacts. This
kind of plug will not work when plugged into your motherboard.
This plug only works when plugged into Creative sound cards
that have a matching special jack.

http://dmzweb4.europe.creative.com:80/wwimages/audio_int/audigy/Audigy2Rings1.jpg

Instead of using the cable marked "14", you need to use four
separate cables having 1/8" jacks on the end. This is shown in
the upper right hand corner of the big diagram, the one with the
title of "To Creative USB Sound Blaster Audigy 2 NX".

I think once you purchase four separate cables with ordinary
stereo 1/8" plugs on each end, then your speakers should be
recognized as a 7.1 speaker system.

I realize that English is not your first language, and I
hope that you are able to translate this without too much
trouble.

Paul