" lsass.exe - Entry point not Found " "The procedure entry..

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have just recently used Windows Update to Update to SERVICE PACK 2.
After the 40 minutes it took to downloand and update I was asked to
restart my computer.

When I resarted my computer I received the following error message. I
cannot boot into windows at all and when I click on "OK" to the error
box I just get a blank screen with my pointer with no desktop icons,
taskbar, or start button.

Here is the error I receive.

" lsass.exe - Entry point not Found " "The procedure entry point c
could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll "

This only happened after I updated to Service Pack 2. I have done the
suggest fix on the Microsoft site that says to boot into the XP disk
and use the "r" utility to replace the file "Mscvrt.dll" and that did
not work either.

My computer doesn't work so I am checking this for a different one.
Thanks,

TOM

Give this a try

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324762

"Tom" <eppenstein@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have just recently used Windows Update to Update to SERVICE PACK 2.
> After the 40 minutes it took to downloand and update I was asked to
> restart my computer.
>
> When I resarted my computer I received the following error message. I
> cannot boot into windows at all and when I click on "OK" to the error
> box I just get a blank screen with my pointer with no desktop icons,
> taskbar, or start button.
>
> Here is the error I receive.
>
> " lsass.exe - Entry point not Found " "The procedure entry point c
> could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll "
>
> This only happened after I updated to Service Pack 2. I have done the
> suggest fix on the Microsoft site that says to boot into the XP disk
> and use the "r" utility to replace the file "Mscvrt.dll" and that did
> not work either.
>
> My computer doesn't work so I am checking this for a different one.
> Thanks,
>
> TOM

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Thanks for the post. I have also tried that fix from Microsoft and it
still isnt' working. When I try to re-instate the msvcrt.dll by
using DOS commands and expanding that file it says that it was
successful. Then when I shutdown and restart I am still getting the
same error box on load up.

I cannot even log into "Safe Mode" because that gets the same error as
well.

I really cannot do too much besides running the XP disk and choosing
"r" repair.

Any other help would be appreicated. I am currently working with
Microsoft as well but they are really no help and are not even reading
my replies.

Tom

"gijoe506" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<#VDL4CGpEHA.4004@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>...
> Give this a try
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324762

everlearn

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2010
I was experiencing the problem in Windows XP SP3 and tried the solution above and it did not work.
However I was on another computer and was searching for the msvcrt.dll file.
My search brought up more than 1 file, there were 3 files.

One of the files which it brought up was a different earlier version Msvcrt.dll version 7.0.2600.0.
The file was located in C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.Windows.CPlusPlusRuntime_6595b64144ccf1df_7.0.0.0_x-ww_2726e76a.

I copied this file into the system32 folder and my Windows XP booted up normally.

didi_alex2002

Honorable
Aug 3, 2012

Hello,
How did you copy into your system 32 folder if the windows is not starting and apear blue screen with

lsass.exe - Entry point not Found " "The procedure entry point c
> could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll "

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

The problem is best dealt with by a repair installation from a genuine XP CD but you can also do it using a Hirens CD which you can make from a download or by using a Linux operating system which can run as a live CD. Both give you access to the Windows file system. Hirens is technically unlicenced Windows software so you're better off with Linux.

Download PCLinuxOS from http://www.pclinuxos.com and burn the bootable image on to a CD using ImbBurn from http://www.imgburn.com, which is also free of charge. Run the CD in the dead machine and use the Dolphin File Manager to access the hard disk. You can then pump files in from a memory stick or other eexternal drive.

Be warned, though, tat most times, WIndows will warn about the loss of one file and when you put that right, it will want another, then another. That's why I started this post by saying the problem is best dealt with by a repair installation from a genuine XP CD.