2nd posting! hard drive recognition

September 22, 2004 6:29:03 PM

I had to reinstall XP and, after that, Windows could not recognize a drive on
the RAID connector on the motherboard. The BIOS sees it! I am looking for
suggestions as to how to tackle this. It is formatted for NTFS.
--
asker
September 22, 2004 6:38:45 PM

After you reinstalled XP did you reinstall all the motherboard drivers; i.e.
chipset, video, audio, etc? Should be on a CD that came with teh
system/motherboard.

"asker" <asker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I had to reinstall XP and, after that, Windows could not recognize a drive
>on
> the RAID connector on the motherboard. The BIOS sees it! I am looking
> for
> suggestions as to how to tackle this. It is formatted for NTFS.
> --
> asker
Anonymous
September 22, 2004 10:40:53 PM

asker wrote:
> I had to reinstall XP and, after that, Windows could not recognize a
> drive on the RAID connector on the motherboard. The BIOS sees it! I
> am looking for suggestions as to how to tackle this. It is formatted
> for NTFS.

Cannot see the drive? You mean like you have not manually installed the
correct drivers for it to do so?

--
<- Shenan ->