Problems after SP2

Since installing SP 2, I am unable to get sound, and pc screen gives a
rolling effect as I attempt to scroll.

I have reinstalled NVidia drivers, screen is ok for a few days and then it
reverts to the rolling effect.

I have disable onboard audio and installed Audigy EAX, pc does not recognize
the card.

any assistance to fix these problems is appreciated. Only other option is
to do a fresh install and stay SP1

Thanks.

Two thoughts. First, uninstall the nVidia drivers and install these:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_61.76

Second, you need to install the drivers for your Audigy sound card.
These drivers can be found on the CD that came with the sound card. Then
you can update the drivers here:
http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/su.asp

----
Nathan McNulty

kmaki wrote:
> Since installing SP 2, I am unable to get sound, and pc screen gives a
> rolling effect as I attempt to scroll.
>
> I have reinstalled NVidia drivers, screen is ok for a few days and then it
> reverts to the rolling effect.
>
> I have disable onboard audio and installed Audigy EAX, pc does not recognize
> the card.
>
> any assistance to fix these problems is appreciated. Only other option is
> to do a fresh install and stay SP1
>
> Thanks.

Nvidia drivers updated as of yesterday, I hope this update is "permanent" as
previous attempts reverted to rolling screen.

Creative error message displays that sound card is not installed. I have
removed and reinstalled but receive same message and therefore cannot use
update. I will attempt another onboard audio activation.

Thanks for links and send other suggestions.