Does the retail version on Windows 7 finnaly solve those driver probs?

daship

Distinguished
If you use relatively new hardware you wont have driver issues. If your using old stuff, then your better off getting new stuff if you want to stay away from issues. Its likely if its to old there will never be no driver.

Drivers are written and supplied by hardware vendors, not Windows.
If you have a device that needs a compatible Windows 7 driver, you must look to the manufacturer of the device to get a driver.

For instance the Creative fiasco with Vista. Those A --holes only decided to write a driver for Vista after months and months of stiff complaints from people who owned Creative products. It's not that the hardware would not work, it only worked with very basic functionality, like a $20 sound card from 15 years ago. A guy released his own hacked version of drivers that allowed people to use their Creative products in Vista with full functionability, but Creative imediately filed suite against him and shut his site down. Finally, a friggin year later they released drivers for Vista.
I swear I'll never buy another Creative product.
Sorry, just had to vent a little, but that whole thing with Creative/Vista and my X-Fi Gamer just really got me bent, as were a lot of people.

Could it be something to do with the AGP motherboard?
I don't know for a fact exactly what the problem may be, but AGP technology is kind of, well lets just be honest here, its an outdated thing of the past. I would certainly expect some problems to arise if you are trying to run Windows 7 on something that old. I'd say if you really want to run the very latest software, it really is time to think about upgrading to modern hardware as well.

Sateg

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2009
You only have to know the id hardware of the graphics card and add it to the .inf file for Windows recognizes it.
Also always load the driver through device manager not the ati catalyst installer.

I made that to use my AH3450 AGP withut problem on Windows 7

petspaps

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
Ok, but i did load it through the device manager, i had installed all other drivers except that one and whenever i tried to install it, the computer would reboot as normal but i would not be able to get any further than the windows loading screen.

saneto

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009

Is your AH3450 an AGP card, and if so ... can you tell me the exact way you made it run ... 'cause i'm experiencing quite a big dificulties with mine , windows 7 finds it as a standart VGA ... ok .... but when i instal the drivers manualy and everything seems to be fine the system crushes all of a sudden when i'm using some programs ... not mansioning games ... like autocad , and system message says that video driver stoped responding and has recovered .... it drived me insane every time it did it ... and god it was quite often ... so if any one can tell me somthng about it i'll be gratefull :) and exuse my language

mergatroid

Distinguished
May 2, 2008

Apparently not.

I just purchased Win 7 Pro. I was using Win XP Pro (and was perfectly happy with it).

Now, I'm not happy.

Of all things, the intel drivers are not working properly for my main board. I've been all over trying to fix it, and have had no luck. Everything works fine, but I have an unknown device in Device Manager. Figures.

I am going to start a new thread on it and go into detail if I cannot find a pre existing thread.

In short, board is one year old, ASUS, Intel Core2 Duo, nothing installed except a Radeon 4870.