Hmm a few thoughts

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

I have been thinking about a few Halo type things lately. The ending of
Halo 2 made me think who the forerunners may have been.

If you remember back in the original Halo when the Master chief is entering
the Library with the Monitor leading the way the Montiro explains ""The
installation was specifically built to study and contain the Flood. Their
survival as a race was dependant on it. I am grateful to see that some of
them survived to reproduce."

At first I thought the Monitor was referring to the flood. I first thoguth
he was a real prick to be thankful that such a nasty infectious creature had
survived. However the Monitor was more liekly refering to the Master Chief
and possibly the Pilar of Autumn. "I am grateful to see that some of them
survived to reproduce" could be refering to humans. If so then the humans
may be the forerunners or at least very similar to the forerunners.

Ok here are a few more things to get you thinking. The ending of Halo 2 had
the Master Chief on his way to the Ark from where all the Halo rings could
be activated. The Forerunner ship takes the Master Chief back to Earth
implying that the Ark is Earth and possibly a facility on Earth has the
ability to control all of the remaining Halo rings.

It is well know that the Forerunners destroyed themselves when they
activated the rings and tried to wipe out the flood. It is possible that
the Ark was intentionally placed outside the kill zone to preserve some life
so the survivors could start again. It is possible that humans either
evolved from the forerunners or that the forerunners may still be here in
some form.

The forerunners clearly knew about humans in some way as every monitor
refers to humans as reclaimers. It seems humans and the forerunners were
deemed suitable to activate the Halo rings. However the monitors never
call the covenent character reclaimers.

When the Master chief is about to insterts the index into the terminal to
activate Halo Cortana pops up and stops the activation. The Master chief
extracts Cortana and Guilty spark says something else "Why would you
hesitate to do what you have already done?". This indicates that Guilty
spark may see the Master Chief and the forerunner who activated the ring the
last time as one and the same. So the reclaimers, being the Master Chief
and the Forerunner who activated Halo last time, are viewed as the same.

Anyway just a few thoughts I have had lately... This new spin on things may
make for an interesting turn of events in Halo 2 when the Covenant begin to
realise that humans are direct decendants from the forerunners who the
Covenant worship as gods.

Maybe we will see a peace.

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

<SNIP -- stuff about Halo and the forerunners -- SNIP >

They're some interesting ideas - perhaps some of them could be fleshed out
in the movie? (I hear Bungie is negotiating movie rights). Are we all
going to have to get an XBox 360 to see the way the story turns?

Michael

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

I probably will :)

Though I certianly hope Xbox360 doesn't cost to much. The current XBox is
nicely priced and anyone can afford one. Where as when the XBox first came
out it was nearly four times the price it is now (being around $800 or so).

Michael Phipps wrote:
> Are we all
> going to have to get an XBox 360 to see the way the story turns?

Yes. Halo 3 will be released on the Xbox360 only.

--
Darryl L. Pierce <mcpierce@gmail.com>
Visit my homepage: http://mcpierce.multiply.com

V© wrote:
> I probably will :)
>
> Though I certianly hope Xbox360 doesn't cost to much. The current XBox is
> nicely priced and anyone can afford one. Where as when the XBox first came
> out it was nearly four times the price it is now (being around $800 or so).

I don't believe that's correct. I think originally the Xbox was $300,
and the Xbox360 will be coming out for either $299 or $399, if memory
serves. Official Xbox Magazine has had articles the last few months on
the 360 and they announced the price point for it when it first hits the
market, as well as the fact that H3 will debut on the 360.

--
Darryl L. Pierce <mcpierce@gmail.com>
Visit my homepage: http://mcpierce.multiply.com

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

I paid $700 for my X-box the day it came out. They dropped down to around
$400 or so really quickly afterwards and now are just over $200 a piece. I
rembmer clearly paying $880 for Halo, an extra game controller and the X-Box
and I got a special deal on the game and controller as i was purchasing the
X-Box. People later got a free game or something under some deal if you
presented your receipt to some mob or other but I never did so it didn't
apply to me.

I am not aguing by the way just saying I can speak from experience here :)

Any I do think the X-Box 360 will be less than $400 or so :)

Oh and thanks for the pointers on those articles :) makes for some great
reading. The X-Box 360 sure looks good.

"Darryl Pierce" <mcpierce@gmail.com> wrote in message
> V© wrote:
>> I probably will :)
>>
>> Though I certianly hope Xbox360 doesn't cost to much. The current XBox
>> is nicely priced and anyone can afford one. Where as when the XBox first
>> came out it was nearly four times the price it is now (being around $800
>> or so).
>
> I don't believe that's correct. I think originally the Xbox was $300, and
> the Xbox360 will be coming out for either $299 or $399, if memory serves.
> Official Xbox Magazine has had articles the last few months on the 360 and
> they announced the price point for it when it first hits the market, as
> well as the fact that H3 will debut on the 360.
>
> --
> Darryl L. Pierce <mcpierce@gmail.com>
> Visit my homepage: http://mcpierce.multiply.com
> "By doubting we come to inquiry, through inquiry truth." - Peter Abelard

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

Hmmm and another few thoughts is the very word "reclaimer" implies that a
reclaimer is actually RECLAIMING something... Most commonly something they
previously owned.

In any case Halo 3 will probably introduce the Arc and now we will have
three monitors to contend with one being Guilty Spark the second being that
one one the second Halo ring and the third being within the Arc structure.
Hmmm I wonder if all three will get together and have a good old Monitor
party.

I also wonder what happened to Cortana when the Gravemind got hold of
her/it.

Are there any other Spartans left alive. Hmmm They say all were killed when
Reach was over run. But were they. According to the novels there may have
been some Spartans on other assignments when Reach was over run.

Oh well I think to much and in the end it is just a game eh? LOL be it a
GREAT game. However it sounds like it has a few questions to answer.

V© wrote:
> I paid $700 for my X-box the day it came out. They dropped down to around
> $400 or so really quickly afterwards and now are just over $200 a piece.

You must not live in the US (I'm speaking US prices), since here the
Xbox is $149 everywhere. It debuted at $299US. See
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox#Price_history>

> I am not aguing by the way just saying I can speak from experience here :)

NP. Where are you located?

> Any I do think the X-Box 360 will be less than $400 or so :)
>
> Oh and thanks for the pointers on those articles :) makes for some great
> reading. The X-Box 360 sure looks good.

That it does. Though my wife's already said a big No on getting one. :(
Too much money when we already have an Xbox, GameCube and GameBoy...

--

> V© wrote:
>> I paid $700 for my X-box the day it came out. They dropped down to
>> around $400 or so really quickly afterwards and now are just over $200 a
>> piece.
>
> You must not live in the US (I'm speaking US prices), since here the Xbox
> is $149 everywhere. It debuted at $299US. See
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox#Price_history>
>
>> I am not aguing by the way just saying I can speak from experience here
>> :)
>
> NP. Where are you located?

arr now I understand I am in Sydney Australia... Hence the different
pricing.

>> Any I do think the X-Box 360 will be less than $400 or so :)
>>
>> Oh and thanks for the pointers on those articles :) makes for some great
>> reading. The X-Box 360 sure looks good.
>
> That it does. Though my wife's already said a big No on getting one. :(
> Too much money when we already have an Xbox, GameCube and GameBoy...

Oh well you might be able to convince her when you show it to her in the
shop. :)

V© wrote:
>>>I am not aguing by the way just saying I can speak from experience here
>>>:)
>>
>>NP. Where are you located?
>
> arr now I understand I am in Sydney Australia... Hence the different
> pricing.

NP. :)

>>>Any I do think the X-Box 360 will be less than $400 or so :)
>>>
>>>Oh and thanks for the pointers on those articles :) makes for some great
>>>reading. The X-Box 360 sure looks good.
>>
>>That it does. Though my wife's already said a big No on getting one. :(
>>Too much money when we already have an Xbox, GameCube and GameBoy...
>

> Oh well you might be able to convince her when you show it to her in the
> shop. :)

Maybe. Since it's going to be a convergence device, I might be able to
sell her on the other features as well to get her to go for it. The DVD
playback as well as online media might get her interested...