Your question
Solved

New to windows 7. Help needed for drivers

Tags:
  • Drivers
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
January 31, 2011 12:42:57 PM

Yesterday I installed Win 7 but i am a bit confused about what drivers I have to install and from where..

These are My CPU-Z data for motherboard and integrated graphics
I have Pentium D. Remaining data are in the pics

And when I play a video and switch it to full screen, the screen flashes and I get the following error but still the video plays..

Would appreciate any help. I am new to windows 7.
I have drivers for Intel in CD but I think they will only work with "XP" and not W7.

More about : windows needed drivers

Best solution

a b \ Driver
a c 376 $ Windows 7
January 31, 2011 1:34:36 PM

Best place to get the drivers is from your computer vendor's web site. But since it looks like you installed Win 7 on your own, they may not have Win 7 drivers available. This is actually a very common topic here, installing Win 7 before checking if their hardware will work with it. Always check software/hardware to make sure it will work before you install it.

AMD/ATI does not have Win 7 drivers for the 200 series, you can try to use Vista drivers from here: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Legacy/Pa... but it's not a very good bet if it will work well or at all. If you have a video slot available on your computer, you will be better off buying a new video card with Win 7 support.
Related resources
a b \ Driver
a c 376 $ Windows 7
January 31, 2011 2:30:00 PM

Those drivers don't have support for the 200 series, and his PC really can't be a mobile one, his chip is a Pentium D which has very high power and heat output. I don't think the Pentium D was ever used in a laptop (maybe Alienware or something, but then it would not be using the ATi 200 video).
m
l
January 31, 2011 2:56:02 PM

Are you sure hang the 9 ?

I have downloaded the drivers stated by you as well as him..
As mentioned above I am installing the drivers you mentioned (vista) 1st.
Hope it will works

Thanks. Will be back after installing this and the realtek sound driver and some research..

Check the thread after some time.. Thx
m
l
a b \ Driver
a c 376 $ Windows 7
January 31, 2011 3:02:33 PM

coverfire101 said:
Are you sure hang the 9 ?

I have downloaded the drivers stated by you as well as him..
As mentioned above I am installing the drivers you mentioned (vista) 1st.
Hope it will works

Thanks. Will be back after installing this and the realtek sound driver and some research..

Check the thread after some time.. Thx

Easy way to find out if your system will run well on Win 7, go online to the vendor's web page, and look for drivers for your system. If you don't see Win 7, chances are pretty good you will have issues. Not that it won't work, or you can't get it to work, but you will see odd crashes at times and will have to hunt around for working drivers.

The 11.1 driver compatability is here http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalyst1..., no 200 series is listed. The only one is maybe laptops with PowerXpress200 with AMD chipset, and your chipset is Intel.
m
l
January 31, 2011 3:10:19 PM

So what should I do..
I didnt find the proper drivers so started this thread.. (found the sound drivers only)

So shall I install the ATI catalyst centre?
m
l
a b \ Driver
a c 376 $ Windows 7
January 31, 2011 3:25:24 PM

coverfire101 said:
So what should I do..
I didnt find the proper drivers so started this thread.. (found the sound drivers only)

So shall I install the ATI catalyst centre?

You can try the new video drivers, the issue is that there may be no proper drivers for Win 7 for that video card. Your chipset is ATI by the way, I read Intel but that's the BIOS (bit odd there), you have a chance those drivers will work.

Your best bet for a stable system is to get another video card (unless you have a laptop, you did not list your system specs).
m
l
January 31, 2011 3:35:55 PM

The ATI one is Inbuilt..

And heres my specs

m
l
January 31, 2011 3:46:11 PM

yup I have already downloaded that one. Post number 2..

And from all I have decided to install this one..

Is it ok or it will cause any problem?
m
l
January 31, 2011 3:52:11 PM

Ok I am installing that one..
Hope it will go well..
Be Back in 20 min
m
l
a b \ Driver
a c 425 $ Windows 7
January 31, 2011 3:54:46 PM

ok let me know!hope it goes well!
m
l
January 31, 2011 5:09:44 PM

Not working.. I installed both ati display and sound drivers..
When I play a movie it runs fine, but when I go full-Screen, it lags a bit and after some watching it flashes/Crashes.. I get the same error of the 1st post - "Display Driver stopped...... "

Note: this is happening for GOM player/ Media Player Classic

But its working smooth in the default windows player..
m
l
a b \ Driver
a c 376 $ Windows 7
January 31, 2011 5:28:04 PM

coverfire101 said:
Not working.. I installed both ati display and sound drivers..
When I play a movie it runs fine, but when I go full-Screen, it lags a bit and after some watching it flashes/Crashes.. I get the same error of the 1st post - "Display Driver stopped...... "

Note: this is happening for GOM player/ Media Player Classic

But its working smooth in the default windows player..

Try VLC Media player. Also, do games work OK? Downlaod and try to run 3DMark (probably the 2003 version for your hardware), see if that runs OK without crashing. As I said before, your best bet is to get a video card with Win 7 support if you want the system to be stable.
m
l
January 31, 2011 5:54:45 PM

O man!! Its working with vlc and the default one..
But its lagging in GOM player and KLC classic media player..

I am yet to try games and 3D mark.. Will do it tomorrow coz I am a bit tired and its 1 A.M.

I will be back Tomm.. Till then it would be very kind if you can find some reasons for the GOM player "Display Driver stopped and recovered..... "

It can still be a driver problem..

Any Other Advice would also be helpful

And for the GPU, I cant buy it now coz I will be going for i7 during May-June..

Thanks and Good Night for me.. :sleep: 
m
l
February 1, 2011 2:39:03 AM

I tried 2-3 things after waking up, but nothing seems working...

I set my pc for the highest performance (win 98 style) after that windows got fast but gom player and other stuffs with the error above still persists..

CAN I INSTALL THE DRIVERS OF XP FROM MY INTEL CD I GOT WITH THE MOTHERBOARD..?
m
l
a b \ Driver
a c 376 $ Windows 7
February 1, 2011 3:30:15 PM

If you want to avoid errors, you need a video card that has Win 7 drivers. Not Xp, not vista, not Linux, not Win98SE, not DOS. Get the right video card for the OS you are using and the problem will go away.

But since your issue is only happening with 2 peices of software, just don't use those till you can get a new video card or system. VLC will play anything the other media players will.
m
l
February 2, 2011 5:35:37 AM

As you said and I saw, it isnt compatible with my MotherBoard (D102ggc2)..

So I went back to XP.. I wanted a flawless OS..

Thanks for your concern both of you.. :bounce: 
m
l
a b \ Driver
a c 425 $ Windows 7
February 2, 2011 6:45:23 PM

cool happy computing!
m
l
February 9, 2011 5:16:56 AM

Best answer selected by coverfire101.
m