Turning Legacy USB Mouse support on in bios locks keyboard..

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

Hello, I have a Chaintech VNF3-250 motherboard, and I noticed that when I
turn on USB Legacy support for mouse in the CMOS, when it reboots it says
the keyboard is locked. I have to press F1 to get it to continue. Anyone
know what is going on? If I disable USB Legacy support for the mouse, the
keyboard is no longer locked???

Thanks,
Wayne
2 answers Last reply
More about turning legacy mouse support bios locks keyboard
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

    I have the same problem. I am going to try the latest bios.

    "Wayne @ W." <not@listed.4u> wrote in message news:<10aa08a4qgi2d4c@corp.supernews.com>...
    > Hello, I have a Chaintech VNF3-250 motherboard, and I noticed that when I
    > turn on USB Legacy support for mouse in the CMOS, when it reboots it says
    > the keyboard is locked. I have to press F1 to get it to continue. Anyone
    > know what is going on? If I disable USB Legacy support for the mouse, the
    > keyboard is no longer locked???
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Wayne
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

    If you have the Chaintech VNF3-250 motherboard, you have the latest. The one
    posted on their site dated 4/29/2004 is a dead link, but it claims to be the
    original BIOS anyway.

    Wayne

    "Jason Murray" <agamar@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I have the same problem. I am going to try the latest bios.
    >
    > "Wayne @ W." <not@listed.4u> wrote in message
    > > Hello, I have a Chaintech VNF3-250 motherboard, and I noticed that when
    > > turn on USB Legacy support for mouse in the CMOS, when it reboots it
    says
    > > the keyboard is locked. I have to press F1 to get it to continue.
    Anyone
    > > know what is going on? If I disable USB Legacy support for the mouse,
    the
    > > keyboard is no longer locked???
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Wayne

Chaintech Keyboards Support Legacy USB Mice Motherboards