Boot Screen

when i boot up my computer i dont get a boot screen like
everyone else does, it just says packard bell and loads
the logon screen why does it do this? is there anyway to
enable a boot screen? should i be worrying about this?
3 answers Last reply
More about boot screen

    There usually is three screens when starting the computer:
    1. Either the BIOS screen OR the manufacturers boot screen
    2. The "Windows loading" screen (the one with the blue/green running band
    under the Windows XP (Home/Professional (gone after SP2) text
    3. The Welcome screen

    So which one is missing??

    The 1st screen is usually settable from the BIOS, in the boot seetings,
    where it often is in the form Silent enable/disable
    The 2nd screen is on or off via c:\boot.ini , logo=on/off (IIRC)

    --
    Tumppi
    Reply to group

    "Anon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> kirjoitti viestissä
    > when i boot up my computer i dont get a boot screen like
    > everyone else does, it just says packard bell and loads
    > the logon screen why does it do this? is there anyway to
    > enable a boot screen? should i be worrying about this?

    the 1st screen is missing

    The OEM logo is very common during boot up. It may be possible to turn
    this off if you go into the BIOS, but this is very unlikely. My Compaq
    and Dells all have the logo and I am too scared to try to hack the BIOS
    to take it away since the option is not available in the BIOS. Finding
    a hacked BIOS or making your own hacked BIOS is the only way to get rid
    of it which is very very very dangerous and not recommended.

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    anon wrote:
    > the 1st screen is missing

Hardware Packard Bell Computers Boot Microsoft Windows XP