Boot Screen

September 23, 2004 9:22:08 AM

when i boot up my computer i dont get a boot screen like
everyone else does, it just says packard bell and loads
the logon screen why does it do this? is there anyway to
enable a boot screen? should i be worrying about this?

More about : boot screen

Anonymous
September 23, 2004 8:00:48 PM

There usually is three screens when starting the computer:
1. Either the BIOS screen OR the manufacturers boot screen
2. The "Windows loading" screen (the one with the blue/green running band
under the Windows XP (Home/Professional (gone after SP2) text
3. The Welcome screen

So which one is missing??

The 1st screen is usually settable from the BIOS, in the boot seetings,
where it often is in the form Silent enable/disable
The 2nd screen is on or off via c:\boot.ini , logo=on/off (IIRC)

--
Tumppi
Reply to group

"Anon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> kirjoitti viestissä
> when i boot up my computer i dont get a boot screen like
> everyone else does, it just says packard bell and loads
> the logon screen why does it do this? is there anyway to
> enable a boot screen? should i be worrying about this?
September 23, 2004 8:00:49 PM

the 1st screen is missing
Anonymous
September 23, 2004 8:00:50 PM

The OEM logo is very common during boot up. It may be possible to turn
this off if you go into the BIOS, but this is very unlikely. My Compaq
and Dells all have the logo and I am too scared to try to hack the BIOS
to take it away since the option is not available in the BIOS. Finding
a hacked BIOS or making your own hacked BIOS is the only way to get rid
of it which is very very very dangerous and not recommended.

----
Nathan McNulty

!