9CJS Problem! Please help!

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

Hey all -

Here's my situation: I just purchased (all from newegg) a Chaintech
9CJS, P4 3.0E processor, Corsair XMS 1024TWINX-3200C2 Dual DDR memory
(512x2) and two Seagate 120GB SATA hard drives and an ATI Radeon 9800
Pro.

Here's my problem. I have a 400 W power supply. My existing system (P4
1.7) fires up just fine. But when I take out the old ASUS board and
replace with the 9CJS, only the fans and one of my two DVD drives get
power. No beeps. Nothing. I read at newegg that someone had a
grounding problem, but I don't know how to check for those. Also, it
says that the board is "Prescott" ready and the Cosair XMS is on
Chaintech's "approved" list, but could either of those be a problem.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Ben

Lazarus

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

Who says its prescott ready? Not out of the box it isnt.....you need bios
version 4......another thing....bios version 3 fixed the "unstable" issue
with corsair ddr400

what you are going to have to do is fit a northwood to it....upgrade the
bios....then fit your prescott

at least "I think" thats the soulution.......I`m no expert and often get
shot down for my mistakes but I think thats your answer!