Hi guys.
I want to move a spanned volume (2 physical disks) into
another computer I'm going to use as a network storage.

both computers are running XP Pro SP2.

I can't find a way to seperate them back into 2 seperate
volumes on the original machine without deleting them
first.

is it safe to just move the 2 physical drives to the new
computer? or will it ruin what's on the disks. Do they
need to be in specific IDE slots?

I'd really like to move them, but it not worth the risk
of losing 240-odd GB of material

Any help?
email me if possible.

LorrenK

First off, I know you can't change two dynamic disks back to basic or
fix spanning without removing the volumes and formatting it again
(except maybe with Partition Magic). That said, I am not sure if you
can just pop the drives into another computer (especially if they are
the booting volumes). It may store the spanned information and work
just fine, but the problem may come in when you have to do a repair
installation on XP to make it work in the other computer.

----
Nathan McNulty