error message on start up

September 23, 2004 10:28:29 AM

This is the message i get when i try and start my computer

windows could not start because the following file is
missing or corrupt
<window root>\system32\hal.dll

Please help

More about : error message start

Anonymous
September 23, 2004 12:38:42 PM

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Michael Stevens]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"sue" wrote:

| This is the message i get when i try and start my computer
|
| windows could not start because the following file is
| missing or corrupt
| <window root>\system32\hal.dll
|
| Please help
Anonymous
September 23, 2004 12:46:59 PM

Windows XP Setup - Missing HAL.DLL
Windows XP From A to Z. Windows XP Setup - Missing HAL.DLL.
Error Message:
Cannot Find \Windows\System32\hal.dll. This situation occurs
www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_haldll_missing.htm - 9k -
Cached - Similar pages

!