Belkin High Speed Wireless G Router

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
February 14, 2005 6:13:01 AM

Does anyone have any experience with the Belkin High Speed Wireless G Router?
I purchased one yesterday and can’t for the life of me get my laptop to see a
wireless network. What am I doing wrong?

NTL Cable modem connected to router, desktop PC connected to router. Desktop
PC has Internet connection fine. Laptop does just not see any wireless
networks.

Anybody got any ideas or pointers to documents that may help me out?

Thanks in advance.
Chris.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
February 14, 2005 6:15:01 AM

Forgot to mention.

Desktop PC is running XP Home SP2 and laptop is running XP Pro SP2.

Chris.

"Chris Podmore" wrote:

> Does anyone have any experience with the Belkin High Speed Wireless G Router?
> I purchased one yesterday and can’t for the life of me get my laptop to see a
> wireless network. What am I doing wrong?
>
> NTL Cable modem connected to router, desktop PC connected to router. Desktop
> PC has Internet connection fine. Laptop does just not see any wireless
> networks.
>
> Anybody got any ideas or pointers to documents that may help me out?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Chris.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
February 14, 2005 6:16:43 AM

Does your laptop have a pcmcia card installed? You did not mention it.

"Chris Podmore" <ChrisPodmore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone have any experience with the Belkin High Speed Wireless G
> Router?
> I purchased one yesterday and can't for the life of me get my laptop to
> see a
> wireless network. What am I doing wrong?
>
> NTL Cable modem connected to router, desktop PC connected to router.
> Desktop
> PC has Internet connection fine. Laptop does just not see any wireless
> networks.
>
> Anybody got any ideas or pointers to documents that may help me out?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Chris.
a b F Wireless
February 14, 2005 6:25:01 AM

The laptop has WiFi built in.

Chris.

"Chris Podmore" wrote:

> Forgot to mention.
>
> Desktop PC is running XP Home SP2 and laptop is running XP Pro SP2.
>
> Chris.
>
> "Chris Podmore" wrote:
>
> > Does anyone have any experience with the Belkin High Speed Wireless G Router?
> > I purchased one yesterday and can’t for the life of me get my laptop to see a
> > wireless network. What am I doing wrong?
> >
> > NTL Cable modem connected to router, desktop PC connected to router. Desktop
> > PC has Internet connection fine. Laptop does just not see any wireless
> > networks.
> >
> > Anybody got any ideas or pointers to documents that may help me out?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> > Chris.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
February 15, 2005 12:17:09 AM

Actually even I'm facing similar problem as chris. I was using XP home till
now, and today installed XP pro on same laptop. But in case of XP pro its not
even able to detect my inbuilt wireless card, due to which it is not showing
wireless networks too.

I think, chris' case might b same too, the wireless card might not be
installed.

"Robert Jacobs" wrote:

> Does your laptop have a pcmcia card installed? You did not mention it.
>
> "Chris Podmore" <ChrisPodmore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Does anyone have any experience with the Belkin High Speed Wireless G
> > Router?
> > I purchased one yesterday and can't for the life of me get my laptop to
> > see a
> > wireless network. What am I doing wrong?
> >
> > NTL Cable modem connected to router, desktop PC connected to router.
> > Desktop
> > PC has Internet connection fine. Laptop does just not see any wireless
> > networks.
> >
> > Anybody got any ideas or pointers to documents that may help me out?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> > Chris.

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
February 15, 2005 3:45:02 AM

I got mine working last night. It was my own stupid mistake. There's a button
on the front of my laptop that needs to be pressed to switch the wireless
card on. Once I pressed it, it all worked great.

Thanks to everyone who replied.

Chris.

!