9CJS - Intel Inf File & BIOS Update

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

I have just built a PC around this board which seems fine.

I checked the Chaintech site for updates, it must be the slowest
site in the world?

I found a new Intel inf file - version 6.0.1.1002, only concern
is the readme says:

* Target Chipset#: Intel(R) E7520 & Intel(R) 915G/P/GV

I also checked the Intel site, they have the same version. The
chipset on this board is Intel 875p so is this the right inf
file?

The original version on the CD is 5.00.1008 according to the
readme, it shows as 5.00.1012 when it installs and the readme
file calls it:

* Release: Production Candidate

sounds a bit beta to me?

On attempting to install both setup progs say they can't find
'usbehci.sys' - and I can't find it either! - so something is
wrong.

I have also downloaded a bios shown as version 6 and named
9cjs0225.exe, which extracts to the same name with a .bin
extension. Only problem is I can't find the flash program on the
Chaintech site, Alt+F2 doesn't work and I don't know if this
BIOS is more up to date than the one that's installed - which
has a date of '09/29/03' - I don't know if that's the order they
do dates in Taiwan?

What sort of temperature should I expect the CPU to run at? It's
a P4e (Prescott) 3 GHz and according to the BIOS setup screen
it's running at 74 degrees, that seems very hot? All settings
are normal and it's not over clocked.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

--
Jeff Gaines - Damerham Hampshire UK
Please reply to Newsgroup, email address is invalid.

Lazarus

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

If you go to the download page http://www.chaintechusa.com/tw/eng/Download/
you will see "How can I flash my bios"

It will download a WORD file telling you how to do it by floppy and without
using alt/f2

NOTE: there is a spelling mistake used in the name of the utility ...they
call it asdflash at times but it IS called awdflash.exe

None of the files on chaintechs site will d/l for me at the moment!!!!!

They had to e mail me the last bios!!!

"Lazarus" <whicanibe@now.com> wrote in message
> Copy this to a system floppy with your bios file and go from there!
>

> "Jeff Gaines" <jeff@nospam.co.uk> wrote in message
> >
> > I have just built a PC around this board which seems fine.
> >
> > I checked the Chaintech site for updates, it must be the slowest
> > site in the world?
> >
> > I found a new Intel inf file - version 6.0.1.1002, only concern
> > is the readme says:
> >
> > * Target Chipset#: Intel(R) E7520 & Intel(R) 915G/P/GV
> >
> > I also checked the Intel site, they have the same version. The
> > chipset on this board is Intel 875p so is this the right inf
> > file?
> >
> > The original version on the CD is 5.00.1008 according to the
> > readme, it shows as 5.00.1012 when it installs and the readme
> > file calls it:
> >
> > * Release: Production Candidate
> >
> > sounds a bit beta to me?
> >
> > On attempting to install both setup progs say they can't find
> > 'usbehci.sys' - and I can't find it either! - so something is
> > wrong.
> >
> > I have also downloaded a bios shown as version 6 and named
> > 9cjs0225.exe, which extracts to the same name with a .bin
> > extension. Only problem is I can't find the flash program on the
> > Chaintech site, Alt+F2 doesn't work and I don't know if this
> > BIOS is more up to date than the one that's installed - which
> > has a date of '09/29/03' - I don't know if that's the order they
> > do dates in Taiwan?
> >
> > What sort of temperature should I expect the CPU to run at? It's
> > a P4e (Prescott) 3 GHz and according to the BIOS setup screen
> > it's running at 74 degrees, that seems very hot? All settings
> > are normal and it's not over clocked.
> >
> > Any pointers would be appreciated.
> >
> > --
> > Jeff Gaines - Damerham Hampshire UK
> > Please reply to Newsgroup, email address is invalid.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 16:39:13 +0000 (UTC), "Lazarus"
<whicanibe@now.com> wrote:

>If you go to the download page http://www.chaintechusa.com/tw/eng/Download/
>you will see "How can I flash my bios"
>
>It will download a WORD file telling you how to do it by floppy and without
>using alt/f2
>
>NOTE: there is a spelling mistake used in the name of the utility ...they
>call it asdflash at times but it IS called awdflash.exe
>
>None of the files on chaintechs site will d/l for me at the moment!!!!!
>
>They had to e mail me the last bios!!!
>

>"Lazarus" <whicanibe@now.com> wrote in message
>> Copy this to a system floppy with your bios file and go from there!
>>

>> "Jeff Gaines" <jeff@nospam.co.uk> wrote in message
>> >
>> > I have just built a PC around this board which seems fine.
>> >
>> > I checked the Chaintech site for updates, it must be the slowest
>> > site in the world?
>> >
>> > I found a new Intel inf file - version 6.0.1.1002, only concern
>> > is the readme says:
>> >
>> > * Target Chipset#: Intel(R) E7520 & Intel(R) 915G/P/GV
>> >
>> > I also checked the Intel site, they have the same version. The
>> > chipset on this board is Intel 875p so is this the right inf
>> > file?
>> >
>> > The original version on the CD is 5.00.1008 according to the
>> > readme, it shows as 5.00.1012 when it installs and the readme
>> > file calls it:
>> >
>> > * Release: Production Candidate
>> >
>> > sounds a bit beta to me?
>> >
>> > On attempting to install both setup progs say they can't find
>> > 'usbehci.sys' - and I can't find it either! - so something is
>> > wrong.
>> >
>> > I have also downloaded a bios shown as version 6 and named
>> > 9cjs0225.exe, which extracts to the same name with a .bin
>> > extension. Only problem is I can't find the flash program on the
>> > Chaintech site, Alt+F2 doesn't work and I don't know if this
>> > BIOS is more up to date than the one that's installed - which
>> > has a date of '09/29/03' - I don't know if that's the order they
>> > do dates in Taiwan?
>> >
>> > What sort of temperature should I expect the CPU to run at? It's
>> > a P4e (Prescott) 3 GHz and according to the BIOS setup screen
>> > it's running at 74 degrees, that seems very hot? All settings
>> > are normal and it's not over clocked.
>> >
>> > Any pointers would be appreciated.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Jeff Gaines - Damerham Hampshire UK
>> > Please reply to Newsgroup, email address is invalid.

They just emailed me the flash program and the BIOS as well!

I guess Taiwan is connected to the mainland by a piece of damp
string. Since it is probably the most important country in the
world for PC kit it might be nice if they upgraded, perhaps to
copper wire?

I found Alt/F2 in the end. I have an MS keyboard that turns the
F keys off by default (you can then use them for other functions
in various progs). What I had to do was turn on the PC, wait for
it to start booting, hit the 'F Lock' key and then find Alt &
F2, I did manage in the end.

Thanks for your reply.

--

In alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech, Jeff Gaines wrote:

>They just emailed me the flash program and the BIOS as well!

How did you get them to do that?

--
Nigel Mercier

Lazarus

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

He only had to do that at a time when the chaintech site wasnt working.

They have now fixed everything and you now get full download speed and a
much quicker response on their site.

From here in the uk anyway

So the latest bios is version 6 and you can get it here

http://www.chaintech.com.tw/tw/download/9XMB/9cjs0225.exe

(right click and save target as.......)

Lazarus wrote:
> He only had to do that at a time when the chaintech site wasnt
> working.
>
> They have now fixed everything and you now get full download speed
> and a much quicker response on their site.
>
> From here in the uk anyway

-snip-

From here in the US, download speeds are terrible. The fastest I get is 18k,
just a little over 3 times dialup. I have Cable, and usually get 3mbs
download speed.