Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

bp wrote:
> Does anyone know how to get RAID to work on this board ?

Did you turn it on in the CMOS?

BP

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 10:18:18 -0500, "Ugly Mugly"
<umugly@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:

>bp wrote:
>> Does anyone know how to get RAID to work on this board ?
>
>Did you turn it on in the CMOS?

Yes
Sadly when I do it doesn't boot.
With the new BIOS the drives are auto detected on IDE2 MASTER IDE2
MASTER (the new bios adds IDE2 master on both channels instead of
master/slave, which make sense for a raid setup). Now if I turn on the
IDE raid, only, I can't boot past the window XP startup screen. If I
also enable the SATS channels (like I would assume you do to enable
the SATS0 and SATS1) the thing won't boot even to the startup screen.
If you ask me there's a conflict between the auto detected IDE raid
drives and the SATS drives,

Oh did I mention the two RAID drives are attached to the SATS ports
not the IDE?

bp wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 10:18:18 -0500, "Ugly Mugly"
> <umugly@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> bp wrote:
>>> Does anyone know how to get RAID to work on this board ?
>>
>> Did you turn it on in the CMOS?
>>
> Yes
> Sadly when I do it doesn't boot.
> With the new BIOS the drives are auto detected on IDE2 MASTER IDE2
> MASTER (the new bios adds IDE2 master on both channels instead of
> master/slave, which make sense for a raid setup). Now if I turn on the
> IDE raid, only, I can't boot past the window XP startup screen. If I
> also enable the SATS channels (like I would assume you do to enable
> the SATS0 and SATS1) the thing won't boot even to the startup screen.
> If you ask me there's a conflict between the auto detected IDE raid
> drives and the SATS drives,
>
> Oh did I mention the two RAID drives are attached to the SATS ports
> not the IDE?

No, but it shouldn't make a difference. Have you tried going into safemode
and then installing the drivers from there?