Diamond stealth s80 problem

Diamond stealth s80 gfx card used to work fine on my
brothers old computer, now on his new computer it fails
to work after bios boot. It works up until the windows
graphical mode (right after the windows logo screen).
Then the screen goes blank except for two semilines at
the top. It is in no way a hardware error, maybe a driver
error because as soon as booting is complete an error
occurs that says "ATI control panel is unable to detect
ATI drivers." the drivers are clearly their and I have no
idea what is wrong. I have uninstalled and reinstalled
completely many times. Switched PCI slots many times.
checked for any confliction, yet nothing. Can I get some
help? thanks in advance. O yeah I am very good with
computers so the basics and most advanced stuff I have
tried.
5 answers Last reply
More about diamond stealth problem

    Nothing worked. The video card should be working even if
    it does not pass the windows logo test if the drivers are
    capable for windows. I know this.
    Bob thank you for trying.

    Abraham Elmahrek wrote:
    > Diamond stealth s80 gfx card used to work fine on my
    > brothers old computer, now on his new computer it fails
    > to work after bios boot. It works up until the windows
    > graphical mode (right after the windows logo screen).
    > Then the screen goes blank except for two semilines at
    > the top. It is in no way a hardware error, maybe a driver
    > error because as soon as booting is complete an error
    > occurs that says "ATI control panel is unable to detect
    > ATI drivers." the drivers are clearly their and I have no
    > idea what is wrong. I have uninstalled and reinstalled
    > completely many times. Switched PCI slots many times.
    > checked for any confliction, yet nothing. Can I get some
    > help? thanks in advance. O yeah I am very good with
    > computers so the basics and most advanced stuff I have
    > tried.

    Is the Diamond series even still supported?

    --
    <- Shenan ->

    Yes, The only way the GFX card would give out would be
    because I have switched over :). Im still stumped as to
    the reason this will not work :(.

    This may be worth a try:

    Boot into Safe Mode.

    Uninstall the current drivers.

    Run Driver Cleaner (http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3214.html) to get rid
    of extraneous driver files.

    Install the latest ATI Catalyst drivers. (What OS is the machine running?)

    Good luck.

    Bob Knowlden

    "Abraham Elmahrek" <bmxwrestler180@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Diamond stealth s80 gfx card used to work fine on my
    > brothers old computer, now on his new computer it fails
    > to work after bios boot. It works up until the windows
    > graphical mode (right after the windows logo screen).
    > Then the screen goes blank except for two semilines at
    > the top. It is in no way a hardware error, maybe a driver
    > error because as soon as booting is complete an error
    > occurs that says "ATI control panel is unable to detect
    > ATI drivers." the drivers are clearly their and I have no
    > idea what is wrong. I have uninstalled and reinstalled
    > completely many times. Switched PCI slots many times.
    > checked for any confliction, yet nothing. Can I get some
    > help? thanks in advance. O yeah I am very good with
    > computers so the basics and most advanced stuff I have
    > tried.

    The Diamond Stealth video card is an outdated card.
    I can remember the trouble that I had installing W95 with
    a stealth video card let alone XP. W95 tried to pick the
    card up as a S3 Virge. XP is trying to pick it up as an
    ATI. I think that the only recourse that you have is to
    pick up a newer video card because Diamond mm
    has been out of business for years.
    I responded to this post here because it has nothing
    to do with ATI's Catalyst drivers.

    "Bob Knowlden" <nkbob@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > This may be worth a try:
    >
    > Boot into Safe Mode.
    >
    > Uninstall the current drivers.
    >
    > Run Driver Cleaner (http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3214.html) to
    > get rid of extraneous driver files.
    >
    > Install the latest ATI Catalyst drivers. (What OS is the machine
    > running?)
    >
    > Good luck.
    >
    > Bob Knowlden
    >
    > Address may be scrambled. Replace nkbob with bobkn.
    >
    > "Abraham Elmahrek" <bmxwrestler180@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> Diamond stealth s80 gfx card used to work fine on my
    >> brothers old computer, now on his new computer it fails
    >> to work after bios boot. It works up until the windows
    >> graphical mode (right after the windows logo screen).
    >> Then the screen goes blank except for two semilines at
    >> the top. It is in no way a hardware error, maybe a driver
    >> error because as soon as booting is complete an error
    >> occurs that says "ATI control panel is unable to detect
    >> ATI drivers." the drivers are clearly their and I have no
    >> idea what is wrong. I have uninstalled and reinstalled
    >> completely many times. Switched PCI slots many times.
    >> checked for any confliction, yet nothing. Can I get some
    >> help? thanks in advance. O yeah I am very good with
    >> computers so the basics and most advanced stuff I have
    >> tried.

Hardware Diamond Windows XP