Registry error on a SATA Hard Drive

I have recently updated Windows XP to service pack 2 and
my system has been constantly degrading on boot up. The
problem now is it will not boot to my primary hard drive
which is a SATA hooked through my RAID. Raid will
recognize the HD and it will do a partial boot but after
initial windows window i receive the
error "System32/config/security" registry file is
corrupt. Is there any way to fix this problem on the SATA
drive? The steps are listed for a regular hard rive
configuration but not for this.

Hello,

You can Boot from the XP CD-ROM... don't forget to use F6 to install the
support for Raid.. then use Repair using Recovery Console.. then log to your
installation it will ask for administrator password... then goto
c:\windows\system32\config and rename security to security.old then goto
c:\windows\repair and copy security to c:\windows\system32 and exit. Reboot
the machine.

Note : I assume your installation path is c:\windows if you use another
change the path i use with your own path

If this doesn't work you can always make a slipstream Windows XP SP2... and
do a repair installation

The difference between a regular drive and the one you have installed is the
raid controller that need the floppy disk driver to be recognize by XP.