Is it possible to "remove" a hotplug device from the comma..

Hi,

What I'd like to do is be able to have a batch or script file, or
possibly a VB program to "remove" a specific device from the system to
which it is connected. The closest I've managed to get is displaying
the safely remove hardware dialogue.. does anyone have any ideas on how
to accomplish this? or even know if it's possible?

Thanks,

steev

Try:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;311272

----
Nathan McNulty

Steven Davies wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What I'd like to do is be able to have a batch or script file, or
> possibly a VB program to "remove" a specific device from the system to
> which it is connected. The closest I've managed to get is displaying
> the safely remove hardware dialogue.. does anyone have any ideas on how
> to accomplish this? or even know if it's possible?
>
> Thanks,
>
> steev

Thanks Nathan, I tried it but it doesn't really do what I need it to, I
suppose I should have been a bit more clear about what I asked for ;-)

The device I'm trying to "remove" (if I do it manually I do it through
the "safely remove hardware" dialogue) is a Firewire device, so I guess
the command to do this would have to be something to do with Windows'
Hotplugging serices? :)

Thanks again

steev